How to fool your opponent

Sherlock didn't have to wait long, as London was a center for criminal activity and the police needed his help far too often. Scotland Yard sent him case files home, so that he could look into them and solve the case for them as soon as possible.

Sherlock lay on the couch, deep in thoughts, but they were not about the case. He had solved it almost instantly, it had been an far too easy, boring case. Sherlock thought about his next move. Should he just wait, until John would get the sweets on his own? Should he put on an act, so that he wouldn't have to wait too long, until John would think that the case was difficult for Sherlock? No, he would wait, even if he wasn't the most patient person. It was highly probable that John would look through it if Sherlock put on an act. John did most of the time. Waiting would be the best solution. His hands moved up to his chin, resting on his chest. This was so boring. A small smile played on Sherlock's lips. The result would be worth it. 

He almost didn't notice John entering the room and heading over to the kitchen, not bothering to greet Sherlock, as he was in his thinking position. His eyes darted to the smaller man, analyzing the bags he carried. John had bought milk, toast, eggs and some vegetable. No sweets. Sherlock frowned in confusion and got into a sitting position, still observing every move his doctor made. He knew that John had eaten all of them and was sure that he would buy some. John turned around and stopped in the doorway.

"Oh, hi. How's the case coming along?" John asked, surprised that Sherlock wasn't absorbed in thoughts and interlocked his hands behind his back.

"The case is rather intriguing" Sherlock lied instantly, trying his best to remain a blank expression. Hopefully, John wouldn't see trough it.

"Since you are still working on the case, I presume you don't want to have dinner later" John stated and made walked up to his room, without waiting for an answer.

How could he have missed that? John was still wearing his coat! Normally, he would hang it up right after coming inside, but today he still wore it when he went up to his room. His clever doctor. It was a nice try to fool Sherlock he had given up their little game. Of course the candy had been in the coat pocket! Otherwise there would be no reason at all for John not to hang it up. Sherlock chuckled slightly and picked up his previous, lying position. It was just a matter of time until it would finally be his turn to mess with his flat mate.

John went up the stairs and shed of his coat after he went inside his small room. He took out the package of strawberry candies he had bought. John knew that Sherlock would have figured it out by now. After he went into the kitchen, he had noticed the stare of the consulting detective right away. Sherlock had been analyzing the shopping bag. How badly he had wanted to see the look on Sherlock's face! A small giggle erupted his throat and he quickly put a hand in front of his mouth. John had faked surprise, when he had turned and Sherlock hadn't been in his usual, lying position. Acting had to be the only thing he was better at than Sherlock.

John knew that Sherlock had taken on the game, as he hadn't commented on his constantly sucking on candies when there was a case. He wouldn't admit it, but he was quite happy that Sherlock was willing to play this game with him. That he found it worth playing.

After going back downstairs, he told Sherlock that he would go out to grab something to eat.

"Hmmm..." was the only response he received. Maybe the case was more difficult than he had first assumed.

It was already early evening when John returned home. Sherlock was still laying on the couch and it seemed, as if he hadn't moved at all this entire time.

"Tea?" he offered, already on his way to the kitchen.

"That would be great, thanks" John turned around, not sure if he heard right. Had Sherlock actually thanked him right now? It must be one bloody amazing case, to bring Sherlock to thank him for tea.

Sherlock gazed at John, not sure himself, as to why he had said thanks. It was probably not only because of the tea, but also because John was the only one who put up with him and his moods. Yeah, that was it. Sherlock broke his gaze from Johns and grabbed a case file. He flipped through the pages, one after another. This was so boring, but he had to keep up the act and pretend that the case wasn't solved. His thoughts were interrupted by John placing a cup in front of Sherlock on the table. Sherlock looked up and watched John settling down on the armchair, grabbing the laptop and starting to write for his blog.

The tea had gone cold by the time John finally pulled out one candy. Sherlock heard him opening its wrapping and had to mentally slap himself to continue looking at the boring file instead of the candy and the mouth it disappeared in. Sherlock had to wait a bit longer, but he couldn't sit still anymore.

John didn't notice Sherlock twitching on the couch. All his focus rested on writing and more importantly typing this bloody blog entry. His tongue flickered out in concentration and he furrowed his brows slightly. His tea had turned cold by now, he had completely forgotten about it. There was movement at the side of his vision, but he chose to ignore it. Suddenly a hand cupped his left cheek and he turned his head slightly, startled. Sherlock's face was right in front of his and the gaze of gray eyes rested on his lips, before meeting his own. Lips crashed down on his and he almost let go of his laptop. A tingling sensation crept over his whole body and John could feel his cheeks heating up. Sherlock's tongue flickered over his mouth and he opened it, allowing it to explore it. Sherlock brought up his other hand to tug gently at the back of John's short hair, making him tilt his head. John suppressed a moan that threatened to escape him, as Sherlock deepened their kiss. Their tongues began to battle for dominance when John started to kiss back fiercely and Sherlock made a small needy sound at the back of his throat. One of John's hands darted up to the back of Sherlocks head and clamping itself in the dark curls. His heart raced as if it wanted to jump out of his chest at any time now and he felt dizzy from the lack of oxygen. Sherlock's tongue roamed around in his mouth, playing with the small piece of strawberry candy. Slowly dragging it out of his mouth and John couldn't suppress the moan this time, his hand clutching Sherlock's hair for dear life. John was quite relieved that he still had the laptop on his lap. Sherlock pulled back, sucking on the candy in satisfaction. They were both panting and John stared at the mouth, swollen and red from the kissing, were his candy had disappeared.  A wide grin spread across John's heated face.

"I won!" he exclaimed joyful, between ragged breaths. Sherlock smiled his smug smile.

"No, you didn't. I'm not on a case. I solved it this morning, so I can eat. This strawberry candy tastes rather good" the smile disappeared from John's face and his eyes widened. That bastard had tricked him! John wouldn't just take that without payback.

"In that case I want it back. Now" Sherlock stopped to suck the candy and stared at John in surprise. That's not the reaction he had expected. His good doctor never failed to surprise him. Sherlock didn't have time to react because John's hand moved from his dark curls to the collar of his shirt and pulled him down, smacking their lips together and sliding his tongue in Sherlock's mouth to retrieve the candy.