'You will adore the place,' Alina quickly changed the topic. 'It is absolutely breath-taking.'

'Does the kitchen meet with your approval?' Caroline laughed.

'Even better than any dream kitchen I envisaged,' Alina conceded.

'Wow, and you have such high standards,' Caroline laughed.

'I looked at the books today Caroline.'

'Is something wrong?' Caroline detected a nuance in Alina's tone.

'No! On the contrary, you run a very tight ship,' Alina laughed. 'Your book-keeping is impressive. I would like to expand.'

'Expand---? Did you speak to Mr. Casiraghi? I thought once you married him, you would, you know---sell the business?'

Would he object? He is a tyrant.

'Sell my business! It's my passion. I spent four years acquiring my qualification and the skills I have. Why should I stop?
Is he going to make me?
I'm not going to sit at home and look at the walls, whilst he spends fourteen hours at his office.' That last epitaph was delivered more to motivate herself.

'What are you grinning at?' Alina narrowed her eyes at her sister.

'You can be pretty determined, when you have a bee in your bonnet Alina,' Caroline patted her sister's wrists gently, 'but you need to communicate with Mr. Casiraghi, it's important in a relationship.'

Alina stood up. Caroline and Matt had, had a good relationship, but then they had been in love, something she and Tomas were not. Alina had always secretly wished she could find somebody to love, just as Caroline had loved Matt, but alas it had eluded her to date.

'That's a bit unfair I think,' Alina began pacing around, something she often did when she felt cornered. 'I mean I hardly expect Tomas to discuss his business with me or seek my counsel.'

'It's---different for a woman__.'

'Different how?' Alina interrupted her sister. 'I see tones of disparity here,' Alina accused. 'Why should a man consider it his prerogative to conquer the world, and a woman has to ---seek permission first?'

Caroline inhaled tolerantly. 'Why don't you sleep on it? Perhaps tomorrow you can give it more thought.'

No friggin way! The hell I will seek King Casiraghi's permission.

'Perhaps you are right,' Alina nodded, for sanity sake. 'Good night sis,' she kissed Caroline on the cheek. 'I'm going to take a shower and hit the sack.'

     Rocco was late when Alina arrived at the restaurant the next morning. He was always punctual. She started preparing the bread, the bread rolls and the pastry items for the day. When he arrived he could take over. It was an hour later, when Rocco burst into the kitchen, like a forceful tornado. Alina cast a cursory glance at the unshaven face, Rocco looking all embarrassed. She looked away.

Somebody did not sleep in their own bed last night.

'Mi dispiace,'...I am sorry, Rocco mumbled something about the alarm not going off.

'Please tell me you've showered at least,' Alina narrowed her eyes. All her staff knew her paranoia about hygiene and cleanliness in her kitchen.

'SÍ,' Rocco nodded, looking offended.

'I've started the baking, you can carry on. I'm goint to---.'

The telephone interrupted Alina. 'I'm going to answer that,' she pursed her lips.