t w e n t y - o n e

warning: violence and slurs. be careful babes xx

richie tapped his fingers against the brick wall, a proper bouquet of flowers held in his other hand. he checked his phone again. ten minutes late. eddie was never late.

he gnawed the inside of his cheek nervously, his tapping becoming relentless. it was cold and he wanted nothing more than to scoop eddie up and cuddle against his warm and perfectly small body.

his thoughts were interrupted by a harsh hand on his shoulder, tugging him to his side. he slammed into another body, body aching with pain. he dropped his flowers on the concret ground.

richie groaned, curling into himself as he fell to the ground. henry loomed over him, grabbing his hair. his smile was unnerving. "sorry to crash your little date, trashmouth."

belch stepped on his flowers, crushing the stems and petals under his shoes as henry pulled him up. richie laughed tiredly, "yeah, your mom's ten minutes late. tell her i enjoyed last night."

perhaps it wasn't the smartest thing richie could have said as henry reddened with anger, delivering an uppercut into his stomach. "shut up, you little shit."

patrick giggled, watching richie groan as victor hoisted him back onto his feet. henry punched him quickly in the face. he felt his nose crack slightly. spots started to form in his eyes as he felt blood drip down his nose. he tried to push away but the grip on his arm was too tight for his weak body to slip out of.

henry leaned in, whispering in richie's ear, "i'm going to kill you, and your faggot boyfriend."

richie felt his hands shake at his side as henry pulled away slowly, giving richie enough time to turn his head and bite henry's ear.

"fuck!" richie spat, a mixture of henry and his own blood mixing together.

"don't you fucking dare touch eddie," richie warned, trying to get out of victor's grip. he managed a swift elbow to the ribs but belch quickly came to his aid. patrick pushed henry back, leaning in close (not too close, as he learned already) and smiled.

"i knew my little puppy was a fag, and dating a little cocksucker like eddie," he tutted, looking like a mother scolding her child. richie growled again, "bite me, hockstetter."

henry groaned loudly in annoyance, pushing patrick out of the way and puching richie in the stomach. the pain was overwhelming and richie could barely keep his eyes open as he hunched over, a soft whimper escaping his throat.

victor kicked the back of his knee, causing richie to fall on his knees. his chest was rising quickly as he struggled to breathe. was this what eddie felt like all the time?

henry grabbed the smaller boy's jaw, forcing him to look up. richie wished he hadn't, seeing the knife he was holding. the blade glimmered off of the street lights. why could no one see them? where was everyone?

"listen here, you piece of shit," he dragged the blade over his cheek causing him to wince. "i'm not going to kill you, i wanna see the look on your face when we tell everyone you're a faggot."

patrick pulled out eddie's phone, wiggling it teasingly. richie's eyes widened and he was washed over with pure fire, shaking his body. he pushed everyone off of him, grabbing patrick and slamming him to the ground. "where the fuck is he!?" he screamed, holding his shoulders down and clenching them repeatedly. eddie's phone crashed to the ground. "if you fucking hurt my eds, i'll kill you!"