ClarityHowl Pack

En başından başla

"I figure you are here to speak to the Alpha?" She murmured, staring Cole directly in the eye and sparing me an annoyed glance.

"Yes," my mate snapped, placing a protective hand on my shoulder.

The woman smiled cruelly, "we take tribute here. If you wish to see the Alpha... you have to do my bidding in order for me to allow you to see him."

The look she gave Cole made me and my wolf snarl in fury. Everyone could hear the obvious suggestion in her voice. My claws unconsciously pushed out and dug themselves into Cole's side. He flinched slightly, but didn't show his pain. He just smiled right back at her.

"Or I could snap your neck here and now, and ask anyone else if they want tribute," he said sweetly, tilting his head. The woman's face flamed with fury, and she tried to lunge at him. Cole merely reached out and grabbed her cheeks in one hand. She wrestled, but he just glared down at her, "I am an Alpha, do not test me."

He threw her away and she fell to the ground. Another wolf shifted, this time a grown man. He shook his head at the lady, and walked our way. He offered us directions, but said it'd be best if we left our car. Though we weren't up for the idea, we decided to agree. We were already going against their rules anyways.

No one said anything as we walked down the road to the pack house. The wolves surrounded us, as if a pregnant female and one other wolf could do much damage. Thankfully, the three who shifted had the grace to put clothing on now.

The pack house was ten times smaller than ours. Of course, the pack didn't have nearly as many wolves as we did. It looked like an average sized home, instead of the large mansion that sat on our territory. It wasn't like everyone lived in the pack house, but you needed room to fit most of the wolves for events, if not all.

We were escorted inside and sat down in old creaking couches that smelled of dust and rotten flesh or something. After a while, Alpha Dier, Luna Jane, and Cara joined us. Cara smiled joyfully, waving at us from behind her mother's back.

"Alpha Cole," Alpha Dier's voice dripped with disdain as he took us in. We must've looked really disheveled.

"Alpha Dier, Luna Jane, Cara," Cole murmured, dipping his head. I took into account how Cole greeted all of them and Alpha Dier blatantly ignored me. Disrespect was the only word I could use to describe the Alpha and his pack. Luna Jane sniffed like she didn't have time for this and Alpha Dier snorted. Only Cara was happy to see us.

"We're here to discuss you guys pushing on our border, and even crossing," Cole stated, his blue eyes darkening.

Dier rolled his eyes, "as if we would want to cross onto your disgusting and awful land."

"Then why have you? I didn't take you for a liar," he murmured, narrowing his eyes. I smirked, Cole definitely knew how to play his cards. The other Alpha's eyes turned bright yellow as he got fired up.

"I am no such thing!" He snapped.

"Then why not tell the truth?" I pushed.

"Shut up, girl!" Spittle flew from his mouth, "you are not apart of this conversation!"

Cole wasn't able to take all the crap being flung my way. In a blur of color, Cole was in front of Dier, his hand wrapped around his throat. The older Alpha choked as he scratched at his hand. Cole's eyes a dangerous hazel as he stared him down. Luna Jane and Cara both shrieked and backed away.

"Never disrespect my mate like that, especially twice. She is a Luna and is more apart of this conversation then you are, you bastard."

I thought Cole was in charge here, but when Dier lazily smiled at him, I knew immediately something was wrong.