Part 5

Thanks for your response.

-------------

Flashback continues

"Police", Manish called out. Manish had already called the police on the way and ask them to wait outside until he got a confession from Radhika. Few lady constables caught Radhika so that she isn't able to run.

"Kya kiya tum ne uss chotte se bacche ke saath, bolo kaha chuppa kar rakha hai", questioned the officer.

"Haar room ki talashi lo, khass tor par inn madam ki", said the officers to his constables and sub inspector.

"Tum logg iss auraat ki talashi lo", the officer said to the lady constables holding Radhika.

The lady constables found her phone but there was nothing in that. The other constables came with a phone they had found hidden under a false board in Radhika's room but it was password protected.

Radhika was sent to jail as the police had already heard how she blackmailed the Goenka. They then sent the phone so that they could use the technology they have and get the details inside. After couple of hours they get some contacts which have been used frequently and track the numbers down. Manish and Akhilesh went with the police, while dadi stayed home and continuously prayed for her Kittu along with Kirti and Suvarna.

--------------------------

The police team and the two male Goenkas, entered into an old looking abandoned house that seemed to be in the middle of a barren land at the outskirts of the city. The place reeked of strong alcohol, there were bottles lying all over, the contents were even spilled on the floor, but not a sign of a single soul, they so a door at the end of the room, they slowly pushed it open the police standing in front with guns in case the bad guys inside if any were armed. They opened the door and stepped in. What they say shocked each and everyone. Lying on a bed was the still body of a boy, bare and brutally bruised. Everyone stayed still and shocked for a couple of minutes, Manish felt his legs go weak, he stood with difficulty using the door. Akhilesh supported him and tried to make him stand, slowly together the walked towards the child silently hoping it wasn't their Karthik. The child was lying in his back so his face wasn't visible, his whole back was filled with cuts, slashes filled with dried blood, and some still seemed fresh, one of the officers gently turned over the boy. Manish broke down seeing his son's face which was now almost unrecognizable all beaten up, a black eye and a bleeding lip, his front body deeply wounded like the back. Akhilesh made Manish handel himself, they police took away the drunk men while Manish and Akhilesh admitted Karthik to the hospital.

--------------------

Manish and Akhikesh were at the hospital waiting for the doctors to respond. They didn't inform anything at home, they kept on making excuses when calls came from Dadi or Surekha.

Hours later the doctor walked out.

"Doctor mera beta kaise hai", asked Manish

"We won't give any false hopes Mr. Goenka, his condition is very critical. There isn't a part of his body that isn't wounded and also there are older marks on his body, I don't think those could be only 4 days old, he has been subjected to torture for years. The worst part he has also been sexually assaulted. His survival chances are low but we will try are very best.

It was late evening when the doctor came out again.

"I am sorry Mr. Goenka but your son has slipped into coma", announced the doctor.

---------------------------

"Manish hum puch rahe hai kaha hai humara Kittu lene gaye the tum usse.", asked Dadi