Part 3

Thanks for your votes and comments.

-------------------------------------

Since it was Karthik's birthday, the Goenkas went to the Mandir, which they go every year on this occasion since Karthik was born. Being the closest mandir that too of Karthik's best friend Krishna he loved coming here every week with Dadi.

Naira and Karthik have some work in that area so when they are completed they decide to pay a visit to the temple.

"kya hua, itna muskura kyun rahe ho", questioned Naira

" jab bhi iss mandir mein aata hun, iss dil ko ajeeb sa sakoon milta hai", he said still smiling.

Karthik and Naira went in front where the murti was, they were standing right beside the Goenkas, but shut their eyes for praying so no one noticed each other. Since Goenkas had come a bit earlier, they finished praying first, as they turned to leave they saw Karthik standing beside them.

"Karthik", they all whispered softly under their breaths. Manish was about to touch Karthik's shoulder but stopped himself. The family moved away from that place not wanting Karthik to see them.

"Humara Kittu, humare ankhon ke samne hai, aur hum usse galle bhi nahi lagga sakte", said Dadi sadly.

"Maaji dekhiye woh ladki jo Karthik ke saath hai, mujhe lagta hai wohi Naira hai",  commented Surekha.

"Dekhiye ne Maa kitne khush lagg rahe dono, khas kar humara Karthik, kitne pyaar se dekh raha hai Naira ko, hum toh uski kushi chate hai Aur woh kush hai", said Akhilesh.

Just then Karthik who was so busy in admiring his beautiful girl, burnt his hand as he didn't know that the pandit had bought the pooja ki thali for him to take arti and accidentally brushed his hand on the fire slightly.

The Goenkas panicked seeing this and were about to go closer to Karthik, but stopped as they saw Naira sweetly scolding him for being so careless.

"Naira am okay kuch bhi nahi hua hai, bas thoda brush ho gaya jala nahi", said Karthik

"Toh jala nahi, jal sakta tha, tum dhyaan nahi rakh sakte kuch ho jatta pata hai kitna dard hota", she asked

"Kisse dard hota mujhe ya tumhe", he questioned and she just hugged him. 

"Ab humein Karthik ki fikar karne ki zarorat nahi", said Suvarna and the family nodded with a smile leaving the temple.

----------------------------------------------

Few days later it was Naitik and Akshara's anniversary, the families had a gathering, Karthik and Naira did a small play on Akshara and Naitik's married life journey. Since it was pretty late Akshara requested that they all stay at Singhanias for the night.

It was late night everyone but Karthik was peacefully asleep, the boy kept turning his body sometimes towards the left sometimes towards the right.

He could see blurred images flash in front of his shut eyes, images of young child being slapped and whipped by a woman, the images were too unclear, he could neither notice the woman's face nor make out if the child was a boy or a girl but every time the whip touch the child he felt as if he had been hurt.

All of a sudden he got up and looked around to see all the family sleeping around him, he quietly got up and went outside not wanting to disturb anyone.

These nightmares hadn't been new to him he had got them previously many times as well but had never been able to get their meaning or recognize the people, but these nightmares always instilled a mysterious sort of fear in him. It gave him a terrible feeling from the inside.