Chapter 25

After a couple of hours, I arrive in Riverdale. I crack all of my windows but lower Hot Dog's even further. He sticks his head out of the window, tongue flaps in the wind. I continue to drive through the Southside until I see the familiar five story building. I park in one of the lots and hop out of the car.

I sling my duffel bag over my shoulder and open the door for Hot Dog to get out of the car. He follows me into the apartment. I set my duffel bag down and take a deep breath of the crisp, caramel-scented air. I'm surprised the apartment still smelled like the candles I used to light all of the time. Hot Dog sniffs around the barks in happiness.

"You missed home, huh?" I ask.

He trot over to me with his tail wagging. He sits right in front of my feet. His adorable light brown eyes burrow into mine and he barks.

"What?" I ask.

He jumps onto me and rests his paws on shoulders. He licks my chin and I say:

"Yeah, Yeah. I love you too."

He hops off of me and I find a change of clothes. Afterwards, I look at myself in full- body mirror. I twirl around and smile at myself in satisfaction. Though there was something that was missing: my dark red lipstick. I dig around in my make-up bag until I find it. I put on my lipstick, grab my phone and head out the door.

 I put on my lipstick, grab my phone and head out the door

Sweet Pea's P.O.V:

There I stood, throwing darts at the board; hitting the center every time.

"Damn Sweet. What's gotten into you today?" Fangs compliments.

He pats my shoulder and smiles proudly. I give him a small smile back and continued to throw darts until I ran out. I walk to the board to retrieve my darts.

"Oh. My. God. Sweet Pea!" I hear Toni say.

"What?" I snap.

"Whoa, Sweets." I hear Fangs say.

"Sweet Pea." I hear Jughead states with seriousness lacing his voice.

"SP, my dude!" Brett exclaims.

"What?!" I say turning around.

The minute I turn around, it seems like time stopped. Everyone else all faded away and the only person I see is her. There Katrina stood at the entrance of the den. Her gorgeous mocha-colored skin glistened in the faint yellow lighting. Her cheek bones rose as she smiled. Her velvet red lipstick brings out her white, pearl teeth.

She cut her hair in such away, that exposes her perfectly tanned neck. She stands holding her arm in her hand. Her dark blue skirts flows perfectly against her firm thighs. She looks very warm with her thick, dark red scarf, beige shirt and Ugg Boots.

Her chocolate brown eyes scan the room until they land on me. Her lips parted slightly and she inhale sharply. I found myself doing to same things. She froze in her spot and continued to gaze at me. We gaze at each other until I felt someone nudge me. I hesitantly look away to meet Toni's angry eyes.