Chapter 6

"I'm sorry you had to hear that." He states.

He completely walks up the stairs and extends his hand to me. I take his hand and haul myself up. We walk into his room and I said that most craziest thing that I wouldn't think I would ever say.

"Could you close the door, please?" I ask.

He examines my face and asks:

"Are you sure?"

I nod and he closes his door. He walks over and sits on his bed.

"They're right, ya know.... I'm a burden. I mean, who wants to look after a girl who can't defend herself. I don't fight back.... and I cant... I'm not strong enough. I cry whenever anyone yells at me. I'm a coward." I say.

"Stop it." He says.

He stands from the edge of the bed.

"I'm not even pretty, Sweet. I'm flawed. Why do you want to protect me so badly?" I ask.

He opens his mouth but no words came out.

"This is ugly." I say touch my body.

"This is disgusting. I have cuts, scars and bruises littering my body. I have a stutter. Most of the time you can't even hear me speak." I add.

"Stop it, Katrina!" He defends.

Tears are threatening my eyes as I continued:

"How can you protect something so hideous?" I ask.

"Because I lo...." he stops.

He avoids my gaze and clenches his jaw in thought.

"You know what, forget about it. You can sleep in my room. I'll sleep on the couch. Good night." He says as opens the door.

"Sweet Pea." I say.

He stops and looks at me. Hurt laced his eyes and he walks out of his room. He closes the door again and I could hear his footsteps descend down the stairs.

I stood there speechless with my arms crossed. I took off my shoes and turn off the lights. I slipped under the covers, all alone. I screwed up so bad. I upset the one guy I had in my corner. Over something so stupid as me. I'm not worth what he is pegging me to be; I'm just not.

I link my fingers behind my head and stare up at the ceiling in thought.

Little did I know that Sweet Pea was doing the same thing.

** 3 Weeks Later **

Ever since I overheard their conversation, I didn't bother speaking to Toni or Fangs. They tried to speak to me but I didn't respond.

The boys: Sweet Pea, Fangs and Jughead all went out for some air. Toni decided to stay with me, which I wasn't too fond about. I have the remote in my hand, flipping through the channels when I felt Toni's gaze burn into the left side of my face.

I look at her but didn't say anything. She smiles but I look back to the TV and continued to flip through the channels.

"What is your problem with me?" She asks.

"I heard everything.." I simply state.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"The day we came back from the bar. We went home and I went upstairs. When you, Sweet, Jughead and Fangs had your conversation. I heard everything." I elaborate.

She huffs and runs her fingers through her hair.

"Is that why you and Sweet Pea aren't talking?" She asks.