One: The Walking Oh My God

"Gnuuuuuhh..."

        A soft moan nearby wakes you up. You find yourself on the floor, where you always end up on whenever you sleep on the couch.

        The TV's dead. Someone, probably your mom, must've switched it off when you were still asleep.

        "Gnuuuuuhh..."

        There it goes again. Is this what I think it is? Your heart beats faster, Bloody hell.

        You crawl, trying hard not to panic, where's my wand?

        You take a quick peek from beyond the couch. The door's slightly ajar.

        "Gnuuuuuhh..."

        You look behind you, and sure enough, there's the moaning thing looking at you. Half of its face disgustingly chewed off, its skin was gray and the only thing in its mind was two words: CHOW TIME.

        You stand up and make a run for the staircase before it grabs you. Teenage wizard's off the menu!

        Calm down, Parker. You're an expert on this, you know what to do, just calm down.

        You make it to your room and lock the door. My wand, my wand, my wand, where's my wand? You change into better clotes and start packing a bag of supplies, clothes, The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks, flashlight and batteries(even if you don't really need it because you can always just shout 'Lumos!'), a pack of beef jerky you've smuggled into your room a few days ago, blankets, sleeping bags, towels, scissors, sticky tape, fishing twine, your screwdriver set, super glue, a wind-up pocket watch a bestfriend gave to you on your birthday, shampoo, soap, wash cloth, toothbrush, toothpaste, your aviator glasses(because it will help your bad-ass survivor look), Hugsy(the stuffed penguin you've had since you were two), and what else? You threw in a bottle of rubbing alcohol and your first-aid kit. You stop for a moment and thank Tabitha for doing that undetectable extension charm on your backpack and then it hit you--where's Ajax?

        Ajax, your ever-loyal European Eagle owl was nowhere to be found. Maybe he's gone hunting. He's smart, he'll find me. Hmm, what else?

        Oh no.

        Oh no indeed. You were so busy thinking of things to pack you almost forgot you have a family. You go for Paris first. You push your dresser aside to reveal a small door that goes straight to her room. Your rooms are seperated only by a wall, and you've built this special door so at night you can retrieve the stuff Paris steals from you without waking her up.

        "Paris?" you whisper as you look around, the room was in complete disarray. Worse, there's bloodstains on the pink carpet. Oh bloody hell, this can't be happening right now. And still far more worse than that, your wand's still missing.

        You go back to your room and pick up your baseball bat then back to Paris's room again. Time to be brave, you say to yourself, I am a Gryffindor.

        You follow the trail of blood on the carpet and brace yourself as you went out the door.

        "Paris?" you say a lot louder now as your pulse pounds in your ears, "Paris where are you? I'm here, it's okay."

        You check your parents' room and then the attic, and finally the common bathroom on the second floor--all empty.

        She must've gone downstairs.

        The one you've encountered earlier waits for you on the last step, "Gnuuuuuhh," it moans, its bloodshot eyes fixed on you. A rush of adrenalin sends you down, whacking his head like crazy, not minding its coagulated blood splattering all over your shirt, whack, whack, whack, until it finally drops to the floor, unmoving.

        "Paris?" you shout again as you make your way into the kitchen, still following the bloody trail. It seems to have witnessed more activity as larger red splotches stain the floor. But it's empty, and the back door's open. You take this time to throw more food into your backpack, you strip your pantry clean. You also take the kitchen knives, especially the large ones. You close the back door and hurry back to the front door and close it too. Think, think, think. You search every corner of your house, all empty, and the horror of it kills you inside--Paris has left the house.

        You stand alone in the kitchen, your hand on the back door knob, hoping against hope that Paris might still be alive. You open it...

        Riiiiiiing!

        The kitchen wall phone chose the worst time to ring. You quickly grabbed the phone, "Hello?"

        "Parker, don't leave the house," the voice on the other end said, "I'm on my way. Oh God, just don't leave the house okay?"

        It takes you a few seconds to realize that the voice belonged to no one but your bestest friend, Steven, or more popularly known as Little Red because of his ginger hair and slight lack of height.

        "Shit, Redds, Paris is missing. I gotta find her, man, she's my sister. Jesus, what do I do?"

        "Okay, okay," he says in an attempt to calm you down as your cool starts to crack, "just don't go far. We'll be there in five minutes. Be sure you're back inside the house when Tabs and I get there, okay?"

        "Alright," you answer, then hung up.

        What to do what to do what to do what to do?

        You peek through the curtains, your big backyard seems to be empty. You go outside.

        You walk through your garden that looks more like a miniature jungle. The grass is smeared wih blood. You follow it. Your grip on your bat tightens as you raise it high, ready for combat.

        "Gnuuuuuhh," the familiar undead sound captures your attention.

        You walk closer towards it.

        "Gnuuuuuhh."

        It seems to be coming from the Santan bushes.

        "Gnuuuuuhh,"

        Closer, and closer...

        "GNAAAAAH!"

        Something grabbed your foot and in a split second you close your eyes and started hitting it right away with your baseball bat.

        "Gnnnnnnnnnngh," it continued to moan and you decided to open your eyes...

        Bloody hell.

        The moment you lay your eyes on the thing you instantly regret it.

        The curly chestnut brown hair.

        The pink Hello Kitty pajamas.

        It was Paris.