Chapter 1

(Sorry for any Spelling/Grammar mistakes, please feel free to point them out so that I can correct them :P)

Leslie ‘s POV

“Colman’s injury is getting worse, get the Girl!”

“The ‘Girl’ has a name you know.” I snarl as I walk into the kitchen and see Jeff running towards the door I just entered in.

“We don’t have time for this.” The guy snarls back, I don’t even know him and he’s already being an ass.

I just ignore him and look at Colman lying limp in his arms, his chest is covered in blood and his right shoulder is soaked in blood with the guy putting pressure on it. I turn to Jeff. “What happened?”

“He was shot at and a bullet ended up in his shoulder.” He rushes out, will moving to the cupboard under the sink, he moves around all the cleaning equipment until he locates my first aid kit and hands it over. (No-one else in my family ever cleans up, so I store things I don’t want them to see behind the cleaning stuff).

“Lay him on the table and keep pressure on that wound.” I demand while grabbing scissors out of a draw. I begin to cut away his shirt until he is bare-chested. “Get me a bowl of lukewarm water and an old rage.” I add with a quick glance to Jeff, showing that I was telling him. He does as I say and hands over the bowl.

I start to wipe away the drying blood on him and rinse the cloth out. I need to locate the exact source of the injury and a blood covered Colman isn’t gonna help. So once he is clean (as best as...) I tell the dude to lift his hand. Blood starts seeping out the wound but I can’t do anything about that yet until after all the pieces of the bullet, are removed.

Because he’s unconscious I see no need in wasting morphine to stop the pain and just pull out some sterilised tweezers from my kit and carefully insert them to his wound, taking out the pieces as quickly and efficiently as I can. When I’m sure all the bits are out I get a needle and thread, stitch the wound closed and dab it with alcohol. Satisfied with my work I start packing my things away and but the needle with the tweezers into a cup of sterilising water.

“He will need to rest for a couple of days because of his loss of a lot of blood and he needs to play safe with that arm so he doesn’t rip the stitches. I would cover it up but I think that fresh air to the wound will do it well, if it gets infected you know where I am. Oh and I think you should take him up to my room for now until he wakes up. Any questions?” I ask.

“Won’t your parents wonder why he’s in your room?” the stranger questions.

“Parent. And no he doesn’t ever look in my room.” I reply.

“Your mother and sisters?” He continues, ignoring the fact I used ‘Parent’.

“They are of no relation to me, although the word ‘Step’ goes in front of mother and sisters, due to my Dad remarrying. They do not bother me as I them. So no they won’t wonder because they won’t know, now move him up there. Jeff show him the way, Please.” I finish giving Jeff a smile of thanks and him another glare.

He looks taken back at my bluntness, pointing out that they are Step family (not that I even called them family) and nothing more, if only he knew what they were like. I continued to watch as his shocked face turned into a glare as he did back to me what I had done to him, before picking Colman up and heading through the hall, following Jeff. I can’t help but admire the muscles that ripple across his back as he walks away, he may be a jerk but let me tell you he is one FINE jerk!

“Oh and nice meeting you Leslie.” He calls from where ever he is.

How the hell does he know my name and why’d he call me ‘Girl’ when he first walked in if he already knew my name? What a complete JERK!

***

New Guys POV

I walk into the expensive looking house trying to get Colman in as quick as I can, he’s lost a lot of blood and this Jeff lad thinks some girl that lives here can clean and stitch the wound up. HA! I will believe that when pigs fly, they are so squeamish when it comes to blood and guts.

I walk towards the door he said was the kitchen and call out “Colman’s injury is getting worse, get the Girl!”

“The ‘Girl’ has a name you know.” She all but snarls as she enters the room, damn she has a sexy voice when she’s mad.

“We don’t have time for this.” I reply, mimicking her voice.

She just looks down at Colman, examining him I think and then turns away asking Jeff what happened. He gives her a rushed description while looking for something in her cupboards. After moving around what I presume is cleaning equipment, he brings over a box handing her it.

“Lay him on the table and keep pressure on that wound.” She demand me, I do as she says not wanting to get her anymore mad. She hacks away at hid shirt with scissors until he is bare-chested, me still holding his shoulder. “Get me a bowl of lukewarm water and an old rage.” I hear her add with a quick glance in Jeff direction.

She wipes away the blood with the water Jeff gave her and I’m asked to remove my hand from his shoulder, blood starts flowing freely from his wound so I take a look at her. She doesn’t bat an eyelid at the sight of blood although her nose is scrunched up, as though she was thinking about something.

She grabs tweezers from the kit and carefully takes out the pieces of bullet, she does it fluently, it’s like she’s done it many times before, the same with the stitches she does. In all, it took her less than ten minutes to clear and sort out his wounded shoulder, I’ve gotta say I’m impressed!

She tells us he needs rest and to make sure he doesn’t pull his stitches before asking. “Any questions?”

“Won’t your parents wonder why he’s in your room?” I reply, wondering why she says to put him in her room. Would they not go mad that she has a guy over?

“Parent. And no he doesn’t ever look in my room.” Was the snappy reply. I swear Alex said she had a mum and sisters? Why only mention her dad?

“Your mother and sisters?” I add, curiosity getting the better of me.

“They are of no relation to me, although the word ‘Step’ goes in front of mother and sisters, due to my Dad remarrying. They do not bother me as I them. So no they won’t wonder because they won’t know, now move him up there. Jeff show him the way, Please.”

Well, that shocked me. Way to show your love for Step-family...

I realise she’s glaring at me, so I glare back and after picking up Alex, follow Jeff to her room.

“Oh and nice meeting you Leslie.” I call out, remembering her name.

A/N: SOOOOOO…… what are your thoughts on the start of this? Think I should continue? Drop a comment and tell me :)