Social Menace {23}

Start from the beginning

                Tyson shot out of his seat so fast it took us all a moment to realize he already had Farren pinned against the wall. His fists knotted into Farren's blazer as he glared at him.

                "Don't you say shit about my mom," he snarled.

                Nyssa and Talon got up. Nyssa yanked Tyson off of Farren, restraining him. Talon gripped Farren's arm and held him back.

                "This is going well," Talon said in amusement.

                Tyson didn't bother struggling against Nyssa's grip. "You don't know anything, Farren."

                "I know everything! Which is exactly why I tried to talk you out of this!" Farren said. He shrugged Talon off, grabbed his bag, and headed for the door. "I knew you were being reckless. You wouldn't listen. You never do. For what it's worth, I wish I'd smacked the sense into you before this happened."

                He slammed the door as he left. Nyssa waited a moment before releasing Tyson.

                "We have to figure something out," Bishopp said quietly. "Fighting won't help. Tyson, sit down. Let Farren cool off."

                "What's there to figure out? Mallory has the money and the influence," Talon said, leaning against the wall. "We're screwed. Best we can do now is hope he's so tunneled in on Tyson that he forgets to nail the rest of us."

                "Talon!" Nyssa shot him a dirty look. "Bishopp is right. We need to figure something out. We're not letting Tyson go down."

                "His plan isn't even to have you arrested. It's just to strip away all your achievements and make sure there's always doubt about you," I said. "He just wants negative attention thrown on you, and he'll make sure it doesn't die down."

                "He'll have Tiffany's mom on his side now. Mrs. Andel will be sure to write articles about Tyson and his family. She won't let the story quiet down for a while," Nyssa said.

                "We don't know how long we have," I said, running a hand through my hair.

                "Long enough for me to stress over it," Tyson said. "He'll want me to look over my shoulder for a bit before he tells."

                "We could threaten to target his kids," Talon offered.

                "Leave them out of it. They didn't threaten us," Tyson said, dropping into his seat. "I can't think clearly. Everyone out."

                "Tyson, we don't have a lot of time. We need to-" Bishopp started.

                But Tyson cut him off. "Sorry, did I stutter, Bishopp? I said for everyone to get out."

                "We'll all try to think of something overnight," Connor said, getting up.

                I waited as the others left the room. Tyson crossed his arms over his chest once they were gone.

                "You don't get special privileges. Get out," he said.

                I went over and sat on his desk, putting my feet next to his legs on his chair. "Tyson, this is bad."

                "I'm well aware," he said. "But thanks for the observation I clearly couldn't have made on my own."

                "Farren is right," I said, because I knew it would hurt for him to hear it but I also knew he needed to hear it. "You started using us to get personal revenge, and now it's backfiring. You were so confident that he wouldn't risk coming after you, but he surprised you and now we're all trapped. It'll come back to all of us. He'll drag you down, and we'll go down with you."