Chapter 8: Give 'em the ole run-around!

Keiji decided he would wait a few days before spilling the lie to his Ivory employer. It would prove more believable when he was to tell it. He mostly spent the time visiting The Ivory Rose's base to gain somewhat more trust and, other than that, he just dawdled around as Shinji Gichi. He enjoyed going around feeling like he had no job to do but he had too many days like that already and they weren't as special as some people might think.

It has been a couple days of doing this when Keiji decides that he should tell them. He entered into the same building that he did when he first got introduced to the Roses. He it goes.

"Hey, I got some good information for you." Keiji said as he entered the main room. Several members looked up at him, especially BlueBlood. "And what may that be?" BlueBlood was intrigued. "While I was away, I found out that The Purple Hyenas have another place of congregation. It's apparently their main one."

BlueBlood gave him a look to continue. "Which means there's probably more you can get from them." "Where is their base?" "Somewhere southward."

In what little time in the day between the morning and the night, Keiji pretty much went back and forth between the two gangs. First he told the lie to the Roses, then he told the Hyenas where the Rose's base was, then he went back and received information that the Roses were going to wait some days to prepare and have the Hyenas wind down, and then finally he went back to the Hyenas to inform them when they were planning to do so.

Going back and forth isn't really fun and the time to wait afterwards was torture to Keiji. He wanted to see the snowball roll down the hill and come crashing into oblivion and he couldn't wait for it. Nonetheless, he waited those few grueling days.

Everything was set. The Purple Hyenas were set at a random location which, to the Roses, would be their main den. They weren't going to reveal their actual headquarters in case the Roses came back. The Roses thought the place wouldn't be heavily guarded so they didn't bring everyone, but they still brought most just in case.

Keiji was standing on a street light, waiting for The Ivory Roses. He had told them that he would be waiting for them since he said that he would also scout the site beforehand to count how many Hyenas were inside the building.

Getting into fall, the night air was getting increasingly cold. The cold of the metal under his almost bare feet was getting through the special material that was stuck to the bottom of Keiji's feet. The material was made up of heat and cold resistant fiber and it was strong enough to prevent damage but it still allowed for the feel of being barefooted. Keiji looked down at his feet. With his quirk he made himself feel like he was warm but that didn't mean his body wasn't freezing. He checked his feet, especially looking at his toes, to make sure that they weren't turning blue or purple. They were starting to turn blue but not quite yet.

Just then he spotted the Rose members, jumping down to join them. They rushed out of sight to the location, quickly circling the building. They suddenly burst into the building. They expected to be met with The Purple Hyenas but they saw no one.

Out of nowhere, the Hyenas appeared around the Roses and rushed to attack them. The Roses, caught off guard, were barely able to defend the onslaught of attacks. Quirks were clashing together in a cacophony of explosions and clangs. The Roses outside heard the struggle and decided to help back up their brethren, thinking they were ambushed.

Both sides seemed to be even in fighting. It was a full on brawl and Keiji was enjoying watching the display of the two groups clashing from the comfort of observing from afar and drinking boba. He had his reasons for not fighting. The major being that he worked for both gangs and so couldn't choose a side.

It seemed the brawl was going to end in a stalemate. Both sides had bruised and bloodied members, some unconscious or maybe dead. They both were trading exhaustion laden hits. The ones who had used their quirks a lot in the beginning were already facing the effects.

"Alright, I think you guys are done," Keiji came out of his spot, addressing the still conscious members of both gangs. "You all look very tired. But I'm sure the police wouldn't mind giving you free beds to rest on. I'm told they're kinda uncomfortable to sleep on though, just a fair warning."

On the ground, Reyd Dome managed to wheeze through his broken state, "You..... you--" His fist clenched as much as it could, his eye trying to focus through the eight-ball fracture he received to his eye, the blood slowly spreading and staining the white. "How-!" Keiji interrupted him, "In both contracts it states that I cannot betray you to the enemy. The enemy is the opposing gang, in your case the Hyenas." Keiji smiled widely, "But it never stated I could betray you to the police!"

Reyd Dome was filled with rage and dread, "You've ne-," he hacked, "-ver done this! Why now-," he hacked again several times. Keiji humored him, "You know the buildings you gangs reside in? The land they sit on has potential -for an employer of mine," Keiji quickly added.

The world around everyone started melting away to reveal the inside of a police station. Immediately the police apprehended the gang members, Keiji making his exit unseen. "Nice doing business with you customers." All Reyd Dome could do was glare at the disappearing, laughing figure while he was being tied and cuffed.

Without a job yet again, Keiji was leisurely sitting at an outdoor table of a small shop, sipping at his boba tea and reading the headlines. "Notorious gangs found and apprehended," it stated. The paper detailed how they tracked down the rest of the members, including the Rose's leader, BlueBlood. Keiji was laughing in short bursts while reading it but all the rest of the world could see was a businessman reading the paper and drinking boba.

___+___

It's over! As said, this was only meant to be very short and kind of like a look into the character.

After Ending: Keiji had construction done on the abandoned buildings, mowing them down. In their place now stands the most successful "Mall" that is made up of stores, resident apartments, and a hotel.