Chapter 9

I woke up to my annoying alarm and got out of bed once again. I didn't know what this thing between me and Luke was but I suppose I'd find out today. I really do like Luke but the guilt I feel towards Harry is horrible. I know we aren't together but he asked me out and actually did the thing a gentleman would do. Luke just went straight into everything without asking. This situation I'm in is so complicated, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

I got to school quickly and headed for the stairs. To my surprise only Harry was there.

"Hey Harry." I said casually. "Where is everyone?"

"Uh, I told them to go a few minutes ago..I want us to talk." Harry sounded serious but his face was unreadable.

"Okay..about what?" I was confused and tried to make it clear that I had no idea of what was going on.

"You and Luke."

My stomach dropped. I had no idea what he knew so I decided to play it cool.

"What about us?"

"Do you two like each other or something? Because you both seem to look at each other and act suspicious, I saw him get in your car and drive off with you. If you like him and if there's something going on then we don't have to go on that date Friday. I'd understand." He was looking down at his lap avoiding eye contact and sounded disappointed. I didn't want to be mean so I decided to keep all the small details about me and Luke quiet.

"Harry there's nothing going on, me and Luke are just friends and he wanted a lift home. I'm still up for this date if you are." I technically wasn't lying because me and Luke were friends and I did give him a lift home, just after we hung out. I wanted to go on this date to find out more about Harry. It could make us better friends.

"Are you sure?" He sounded so considerate. I was still feeling bad.

"Yes, Harry" I was trying to sound happier than I felt. Harry then stood up and engulfed me into I hug which I returned.

"Thanks Lexie" I smiled and Harry brought his face closer to mine. I swallowed a lump forming in my throat. What's happening? We were just talking, why is he choosing to be be forward oh my god. Before I could react someone barged through the door causing Harry to draw himself back instantly.

"Oh sorry I didn't realise you guys were in here." Luke said bluntly. He looked upset and I couldn't help the amount of guilt building up once again. He looked over at me and gave me a small fake smile before turning around and leaving me and Harry alone once again. I've never been in this situation before. I hated it. I've been at this school 3 days and Im already getting hurt, just in a different way to before. I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding and Harry looked at me with hurt evident in his expression.

"Lexie..go after him."

"What?" I was genuinely confused.

"I can tell he's upset and I can tell your feeling bad about it. Don't deny it." I was stunned with his words but I stepped towards him and threw my arms around his neck and gave him a quick hug.

"Thank you for being understanding." I kissed him on the cheek and ran out hoping Luke hadn't gotten far. I knew I was quick to leave Harry but I knew I would end up leaving anyway so I just cut to the chase. I looked to my left and saw Luke speeding down the corridor with his hood up and his head down. I could tell it was him by his usual fashion so I started running down the hall towards him.

"Luke wait!" I yelled hoping to catch his attention. He stopped and turned around and I managed to catch up.

"Sorry Lex I didn't mean to interrupt you and your boyfriend." Luke said spitefully. I could tell he was annoyed and I completely understood. Just yesterday he told me personal information and I kissed him now he catches me almost kissing someone else. I hate the fact it seems like I'm leading someone on.

"Look Luke I didn't know what was happening!" I said trying to help my case. Even though me and Luke weren't together we sure acted like an old married couple.

"Yeah of course you didn't." He said with judgement in his tone.

"Luke, I'm so sorry. Me and Harry aren't going on that date anymore because even he just saw that we have feelings for each other." I felt tears forming in my eyes. I don't know what's wrong with me, I hardly know Luke.

"Seriously?" Luke's voice seemed to have cheered up slightly and he had hopeful eyes.

"Yeah." I said a tear rolling down my cheek. Luke brought his hand up and wiped the tear away, slowly caressing my cheek.

"Then maybe I should ask you something." Luke smiled down at me.

"What?"

"Will you go on a date with me this Friday night?" Luke smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Of course, Lucas." I laughed gently and Luke brought me closer kissing me softly.

"Uh what's going on here." A voice which I hadn't yet heard broke the kiss. It was a deep Australian accent which made me know it would be Ashton.

"Really, Ash?" Luke looked over at him and laughed.

"Yes really! Hi Lexie we haven't actually formally met. I'm Ashton but you can call me Ash" He gave me a big smile and showed off his dimples. I liked him already.

"Hey." I smiled back and he giggled.

"So are you two gunna tell me what's going on here." He continued to giggle with his arms crossed.

"Will you leave us alone if we do?" Luke made his voice a little higher pitched to sound as enthusiastic as Ashton was.

"Hmm. Maybe."

"I'm not telling you anything until you give a proper answer, Irwin."

"And I'm definitely not leaving until you tell me something so you might as well just tell me and I'll decide from there."

"Your impossible." Luke chuckled and so did I.

"Yep." Ashton said popping the letter 'p'. "Now tell me!"

"Uh..me and Lex are going on a date Friday.." Luke said quietly with a smile on his face. He looked down at me and put his arm round my shoulder.

"Aw guys! Lex is a cute nickname maybe I should call her that." He chuckled once again. I remembered Hailey talking about him laughing a lot and I find it adorable.

"No it's my name for her, find your own." Luke sounded half serious half playful.

"Ok, ok! What's your last name?" Ashton asked me.

"Young" I said back simply.

"Ok then. I'll just call you that." He smiled big again.

"Anyway I'll leave you guys to get back to what your doing. I have to find Gem anyway. Bye Young, bye Hemmo."

"See ya" I called to him and he disappeared round the corner.

"Aw he's nice. Er did he just call you Hemmo?"

"Yeah sort for Hemmings, it's not rocket science Lex." He wrapped his arms round my waist and smiled at me.

"Ok smarty pants!" I said sarcastically and laughed.

"Was that sarcastic?" Luke said raising his eyebrows inching closer and closer. I quickly detached myself from him and backed up to the wall near us and opened the nearest door to an empty office and shut the it before he could enter. I started laughing uncontrollably at how childish I was being pulling back on the door handle with all my strength to keep Luke out. But obviously Luke was stronger and the door was yanked open. I fell onto the floor and I was lying on my back clutching my stomach laughing way more than I should be. Luke shut the door behind us and locked it.

"Lex what the hell!" Luke was laughing almost as much as I was. He then got on his knees and hovered over me and our laughter died down.

"Your so weird." He whispered with our faces opposite each other.

"Says you!" I laughed.

"I'm not weird I'm unique." He said giving me a cheesy grin. "I like your weirdness." He changed the tone making it more serious. He lent in forcing us to get closer once again. I was happy around Luke and right now nothing could change that.