FANTASY -- Catnap Bliss

We’ve been running for almost … wait how many hours or days or weeks have actually passed? Seriously, I can’t remember when exactly we started this run for our lives. All I know is Francis holds my left hand and together we dash through this endless pandemonium.

Our hearts are merely racing in terror.

Our minds are in extreme dread.

We have no choice but to chase for a tiny opening of hope that can save us. And everything will be back to normal again.

“Here take this. Don’t worry this is edible. We will need enough strength to completely escape through this.”

Francis has never been too transparent to me about his feelings since by the time I knew him. But just this moment he showed he can be concern to other people as well.

“Thanks. How about you? Aren’t you eating as well?”

“I already have some while you were sleeping.”

That was weird. I mean seriously when the heck did I sleep? Maybe he’s just putting some practical joke on me here.

As soon as I finish consuming those plants Francis had given to me, we set ourselves for another walk. But this time it’s a dead end that lies ahead of us.

“Wait, is this serious? A dead end? Where in the world is this place? I thought this plot was just used in fiction movies? Are we filming right now?”

“Can you just please keep your whining for later Hera?! This is not comical anymore.”

That was the first time he yelled at me. I may have really pissed him off.  I don’t know why but I chose to not say another thing. I never seen him raised his voice like that. In a sudden I feel like he had become another person.

Before we can move our feet from our position, we heard a voice from behind us. I saw Francis turned his back instantly as soon as he perceives the sound of the voice.

“You can’t go back. All is destined to happen here. All will end here. You got no choice. I’ll be waiting for you … here!”

Did I heard it right? The word ‘here’ is super-emphasized like where exactly is the place ‘here’? Can’t he just give us more hints on what he is talking about? Now this is creepy.

“Who are you and what do you mean?”

Since I am still dumbfounded that time, Francis was the one who open the conversation with that eerie voice.

“You’ll know when it’s time.”

“How we will know when it is time?”

But there’s no spine-chilling voice that answered Francis’ question. I saw the bother in his face. I can’t put a hoax in this situation anymore. Not this time when I realized that this is really critical, that we could actually never go back. But go back where?

“What to do now?”

“You heard him, we can’t go back. What another choice we have?”

Before I can figure out the thought he was implying, he grabs my hand and jump off the cliff. Yes, we jumped!

“Are you insane? Can’t you consult me with your ideas first? Are you really going to kill me? This has been your dumbest idea ever.”

If you’re thinking I was able to say that to him while we were falling from an unknown height, well you’re right! It’s just in a jerky voice. It’s up to you if you’ll believe it or not, but bet he never actually did understand it.