i

"why can't you just fucking listen to me for once?" i scream at him, slamming the folder on the table. he doesn't reply, and my blood begins to boil.

"all i did was ask you to do one thing. one fucking thing. help the twins with their homework, that's all." i throw our daughter's school folder at him, walking out of the house, slamming the door. i huff out of frustration, crossing my arms as i stand on the front lawn, hoping the kids didn't hear us.

i work my ass off all day, five days a week, and when i ask for a little help, i rarely receive it. things were changing, and ethan just couldn't understand that. this wasn't all fun and games anymore, we had a family, we had mouths to feed, we had responsibilities. when was he going to understand that?

i heard the screen door open behind me, but refused to turn around. i heard whoever it was stop on the grass a few feet behind me, and suddenly, the chill of the evening bit at my bare arms.

"i'll try harder, okay?" ethan's voice says, but i don't hear him move. i turn around, looking into his dark eyes, the moonlight shining on his face.

"i can't do this all by myself." my voice dramatically cracks and tears silently roll down my cheeks.

"i know baby, i know." his large hands cup my cheeks, his thumbs brushing my tears away.

"that's really hard to believe sometimes e..."i rest my head against his palm, wanting to believe him so badly this time. 

hurt glazes over his eyes. he pulls me close holding me against his chest.

"i'm so sorry i'm not the husband you wanted...maybe you should have married grayson."

i shove him away from me, my eyes now the ones filled with hurt.

"ethan dolan how dare you say that! you know i always wanted you, always!"

"are you sure about that?" he asks, his arms falling to his sides. i rack my brain for a moment.

"of course i am, ethan! why would you ever think any different?"

"i remember the way you used to look at him..."

"but now i look at you that way, and there is no one i would rather be with!" i protest, and suddenly, he starts smiling.

"what?" i scowl.

"you're so cute when you're mad," he leans his forehead against mine, his lips centimeters from me.

"i know you'd rather be with me, and i've always believed you, baby. i just like getting you riled up sometimes." before he has a chance to kiss me, i pull away and punch him in the arm.

"you are such an asshole." i say, smirking myself, despite my rage.

"as long as i'm your favorite, i'm completely fine with that." he grabs my face pulling me to him, kissing me soft, slow, and with the utmost love i've ever felt.

it was times like these i knew i made the right choice. still a bit upset at him, i follow him into the house where the twins have parked themselves on the couch, watching cartoons.

new book with thefloorisdolans99 my dudes ;)