3

Harry stays at Niall's and Cara's apartment while Louis and Zayn go back to the shop for the day. Cara and Harry talk about a lot of stuff, but Harry purposely avoids the topic of his dad. The conversation hasn't come up for a while but when Niall leaves the apartment for a grocery run Cara looks at Harry with full on seriousness.

"Harry," She says, "why would you throw away your family like that? And what was your plan? You were just gonna wing it? What about your stuff at home? Your car? how do you expect to get it? What if your dad hurt you again, Haz? And what about your future? You can't just run away."

Harry rolls his eyes, "you are being hypocritical, Cara. You did the exact same thing. You threw away everything! So don't act like I can't take care or think about myself."

Cara sighs, "Harry you have been protected your entire life, you have no clue what the world is like. People are cruel and you would have been safer at home. At least until we could continue our plan."

Harry and Cara had made a plan a year back, when Harry had finally come to terms with his sexuality. They had planned that they would both graduate high school and enroll in a college out of state, in like New York or something, and once they raised enough money they would move their and make a life there.

"The plan wasn't going anywhere Cara. You and I both know that. And don't you think I know how cruel the world is. I live with Desmond. Thats cruel enough." Harry sighs, "whatever it's almost six, I'm probably gonna go back to the shop and go home with Louis. I will see you soon."

"Haz, don't be pissed at me." Cara says.

"You don't believe that I can stand up for myself. You are no better than my parents." Harry says bitterly.

Cara sighs, "I'm sorry."

Harry doesn't say anything for a minute. He just stands by the door thinking of something to say to her but not coming up with anything.

"You need to get your shit from home right?" Cara says, "I can go with you tomorrow and get it. I'll borrow Niall's car.  He won't mind."

Harry nods, "okay. I will be here around 10 I guess."

She nods and then says suggestively, "have fun with Louis."

"I know what you are implying and I'm choosing to ignore it."

-

An hour later Louis is inviting Harry into his apartment. Harry is looking around. The wood floor is cracked and scratched. The leather couch in the corner is torn up and as soon as Harry walks in a small dog is running over to him.

"That's Freddie." Louis says.

Harry squats to Freddie's level and says in a baby voice, "hello Freddie. Aren't you a pretty boy? Yes you are."

Louis laughs and then says, "follow me for a tour of the abode."

Harry stands up straight again and follows Louis into a room that connects to the small living room they walked into.

"This is the kitchen. Sorry it's a mess. I hate doing dishes." Louis explains. Louis then walks out of the kitchen and past the living room again. On the wall across from where they walked in is three doors.

"The door on the very end is my room. There is nothing special in there." Louis walks to the middle door and opens it, "this is the bathroom. Uh, washcloths and towels are under the sink. Do you have a toothbrush?"

Harry shakes his head.

"Well I have an extra under the sink too." They walk out of the bathroom and Louis opens the next door, "this will be your bedroom. It's the smaller of the two. Zayn used to live here with me before he moved in with Liam. Uh, you can give the room more personality if you stay here long enough."