Let Me In

(EDITED AS OF APRIL 4, 2016)

Raven sat on her bed, legs criss-crossed, with her head in her hands. It had been yet another sleepless night, and not just because of Starfire's snoring.

It was something much greater. Much more depressing. She was feeling Robin's emotions, again. Although she knew what the emotion was, most of the time she didn't know why he was feeling it.

Many nights it was either sadness or anger. But for some reason, tonight's emotion was different, it was grief. Raven could only guess that it was caused by the loss of his mentor's butler.

No one else knew this, but Alfred had just passed away in a car accident. The Batman himself had called Robin to tell him. All of the other Titan's had not known what had happened, all except Raven.

He had, for some strange reason, come to her for help. He refused to cry in front of her, that she knew. Instead, he sat in her room with her and they talked until 3 am about many different things such as his life with Alfred, his good times, and his reason for leaving Batman.

What totally went over Raven's head was the fact that Alfred was the butler. She should've known right then and there who Robin really was, but for some reason, it didn't phase her.

That had been only a week ago. Raven knew the healing process would be very long, for she had gone through the same thing. When she defeated her father, Trigon, one very small part of her heart had been at loss. Robin was the one to help her at that hard time.

Now she was determined to help him. It would be a lot easier if he would let her in. He kept himself guarded and distant, not letting her into his mind at all.

Raven usually avoided asking about his feelings, but when she did, he always changed the subject. Couldn't he see she was just trying to help?

How hard was it to accept her offer? She could really help him, her empathy attesting to it.

Raven was pulled into a bout of grief again, and she felt his aura touch her own. It was a strange feeling, having someone's mind linked so intensely with your own, but she had learned to accept it.

The emotion attached itself onto her, feeding off of her empathic abilities. It sent a wave of pain through her head, and at the moment she knew Robin was overthinking about things.

She pushed her mental barriers up, protecting herself from further injury.

But as she closed herself off, he seemed to have opened up a bit. Raven was lying on her bed as she was pulled into Robin's mind.

She was hit with a rapid fire of images,  guessing they were of Alfred and him. She room it all in, noticing the pure joy on Robin's face as he saw his butler in. Each image.

After a while, the strong feeling of grief stopped and she realized that Robin must have finally gone to sleep.

Poor Robin, she thought as she slowly drifted into tear filled dreams.