Request (Rose)

Depuis le début

A devilish grin appeared on his face.

"How exciting," he stated sarcastically.

"Indeed, " I snapped right back, " Er.... I'm Rose. just moved from a few hours away from here. We live in, " I turned around and pointed at our modest home a couple hundred meters away. The houses here were fairly spread out, for no reason I knew of. The long green grass that separated each one complimented the blue sky nicly. I was just noticing how beautiful it was here. The clouds that loomed above us hinted at a slight rain, but I wasn't sure. The homes looked as if they were drawn by a four year old, but I liked it. " My mother said that if you ever needed anything, to let her know." I turned back around to face the boy, pushing my long, black hair out of my eyes.

"Ill be sure to tell my father that, if he ever has the time to speak to me." he rolled his big eyes, there was obviously something going on that I didn't know about.

"Great." I said, slightly awkwardly.

"Oh," he looked as if he remembered something he had completely forgot about prier to our conversation. "I'm Simon, by the way." he pushed his hand out towards me, wanting me to shake it.

"SimonBy The Way? Weird name. I'm not shaking your hand. You will probably taze me, or something of that nature." I looked at his hand, and back at him.

"Welp," he popped the 'p' at the end of the word, "I am into pulling pranks on people. But not on a pretty girl like you." he smiled, adorably. "Yet."

"Ha!" I barked a laugh, "that sounds... fun."

"Very. I never get to play with people my age, so if you ever feel like ruining someone else day, you should run down here," one of his legs were crossed over the other whilst his shoulder was resting comfortably on the door frame.

A smile found its way to my face. Despite our teasing of each other, the pretty boy was inviting me over to hang out sometime. Butterflies flew to my stomach, but I quickly dismissed them, embarrassed they ever found their way there in the first place. I wanted to get to know the boy more, to really figure out just how much I liked him, enjoyed his company.

"Even though you seem like a complete douche," his smirk grew wider ," I might take you up on that offer. There are no children living around here, its awful, Ive been bored out of my mind for days." I rolled my eyes, annoyed at the fact I didn't have any friends around this new area.

"You could start counting the obnoxious amount of freckles on your face, I'm sure that'd keep you busy for years," he retorted.

"Or I could start guessing your age. Nine? Ten?" I threw back.

"I'm fourteen, Sherlock." he stated flatly.

"Nice. That is a wonderful age. Mine too." I responded in the same tone of voice, mocking him slightly. The more I talked to the kid, the more I began to like him. I didn't exactly fancy him, sure he was beautiful, but I had only just met him. that would be quite shallow. But I was beginning to enjoy his company.

I wasn't exactly sure why, he was quite rude and seemed a little more like a barbarian than a 14 year old boy, but I had a feeling that the more I got to know him, the more he would become friend material. but in order for that to happen, I would have to get to know him. Him, his family life, home life, plenty. Then, hopefully, I would find myself with a new friend.   

"I like you, kid," I stated plainly, "not sure why, but I do. I want to get to know you before we are the best of friends, though. Sound like a plan?" I asked.

"Sure. I like you too, Tulip."

"Rose." I stated firmly.

He turned around and walked into his hodge-podged home, marching as he did so. I could hear crazed children yelling at each other, and then the scream of a worn-out sounding lady. "What ever you say, Lilac. Come on in, have a cup of tea," he shouted over his shoulder.