Feelings of the Dead

Start from the beginning

I put my arms around her waist, dragged her closer to me and gave her a hug. She leaned her head on my chest, started crying, and tightening her hand on my shirt. My left hand was on her back and my right was on her head, caressing her hair.

We were like this for five minutes and Saya calmed herself. I looked down and she looked up. She gave me a smile, a smile that I knew she would be ok.

Saya: "Thank you Y/n. Thank you, for everything you've done for me and for the others. I don't know what we would be without you." She separated from me, but didn't move a distance from me. The good thing was that she was smiling. I thought this was the good time so I did what I did.

I put my hand inside my jacket and pulled out a Luger P08. She looks at me with question and I answer her question.

Y/n: "When we were leaving, your mother gave me a hug and slid this gun inside my jacket. I was confused and she said to take care of you and the others, and also said to give this gun to you when the time is right, so I thought now was the best time." She took the gun and held it dearly, but there was no sadness, just a warm smile.

Saya: "Thank you mom." She whispered, but I manage to hear. She looked at me gave me a kiss on the cheek. I was shocked and she was blushing and looked away. "I-it was j-just to show my t-thanks to you. D-don't get any ideas." I smiled because I knew she was back, so I came with one of my stupid comments.

Y/n: "And the Tsundere has returned." I said a little sarcasm in it. She looked at me pissed.

Saya: "Sh-shut up, and I am not a Tsundere! Hmph!" She crossed her hand and looked away. I chuckled a little and hugged her from the side. She squeaked. I whispered: 'I'm happy that you are being yourself again.' I felt her head leaning with mine and whispering back: 'Idiot. Thank you, for everything.'

*AHEM*

We turned around and saw the others standing there with happy and aww faces, except Rei. She looked happy yet frustrated. 'Was she jealous?' I asked myself, then I remembered that I was still holding Saya and I looked at her. She looked at me as well and we separated instantly, and I fell off the Humvee landing on my back. I looked at the others laughing at my stupidity, Saya looked and started laughing as well. I couldn't help but laugh as well.

Y/n: "Did you find anything good?" I asked taking away a tear from my eyes.

Takashi: "Not that much. Just some snacks, water, and a map." I nodded while standing from my fall.

We talked for a while and I was taking glances to Rei. She was looking a bit sad, and she would take glances at me as well, but when I looked back at her she would look away more sad. 'What has gotten into her?' I asked myself very worried.

We got into the Humvee, the way was very quiet, but I didn't mind the silence. We came to a stop and I looked at where we were at the moment. A mall. It would obvious that there would be people taking shelter inside so we would also take shelter here. Outside the mall, there were few of Them, no more than fifty. Hirano was loading his gun, but I stopped him before he would start shooting.

Y/n: "Don't shoot. This time, we will use melee attack." He gave me a questioning look and he was going to speak, but I knew the question. "We don't want to alarm the people that are inside and also, we are highshoolers, so we must keep it low key if we are inside." He thought about it, but nodded getting my point. I looked at Takashi, giving me a smile. "Lead the way Takashi. Same formation from the school, but Alice will be between Saya and Shizuka." They all nodded, we got all the guns, got out of the Humvee very quiet, and went to the mall very stealthy.