The Road of the Dead

Y/n P.o.v

We were currently in the teachers office hiding from Them. We barricaded the door just to be safe.

I went to Takashi to talk for a while.

Y/n: "Hey buddy." He gave me a small smile as a response. "What happen to you when this "things" started to appear?"

Takashi: "Well after you and Takagi left, I returned my attention to the main gate and saw someone banging on the gate. Teachers went there to check on him and out of nowhere a teacher fell, the others went to check on him until it took a bite from one of the teacher. I went to find Rei and Hisashi and left the classroom to the rooftop. After that, here we are." He responded with a little sadness in the end.

Y/n: "Who is this Hisashi? Don't tell me he got eaten." I asked with a little shock in my voice.

Takashi: "Hisashi was my best friend and-" he looked at Rei where she was helping Saeko with some supplies and he continued "and he was Rei's boyfriend. He got biten by Them and I had to smash his head." He had a face of regret yet a cofidence look.

I put my hand on his shoulder that made him look at me.

Y/n: "What you did was for the best for you and Rei and I believe that he was greatful for you doing it. On the other hand he gave you Rei for you to protect." He looked at Rei again and this time she looked back and gave a little wave with a smile, which he returned. He looked at me and we did a fist bump and mouthed a thank you.

I went to the restroom where Saya was to check on her while Hirano was behind me.

Y/n: "Saya, how are you feeling?" I asked while Hirano and me were at the door frame looking at her.

She just finished putting her glasses and stared at us. Hirano was shocked at this that his jaw almost drop to the floor while I looked at her with aww.

Hirano: "Y-you wear g-glasses?" He managed to ask.

Saya: "Oh please, I'm a genius." She said while throwing the towel at his face. She then looked at me. "What are you looking at." She asked me with irritation.

Y/n: "At you actually. Those glasses suits you. They make you look prettier." I said with a smile and turned around when I finished.

I swear I saw a huge blush on her, but now was not the time.

Saeko: "...is the car big enough to fit us all?" She ask to the nurse who was searching for something in her bag.

Shizuka: "On second thought I don't think my car is the best choice." She said with disappointment.

Y/n: "Am I missing something?" I asked behind them.

Saeko: "We are planning on leaving the school grounds and we can leave in a vehicle, but we don't have a transportation." She replied looking at me.

I looked outside the window and saw a few school buses.

Y/n: "What of those school buses? They could come in handy and we all fit perfectly." I suggested. Saeko gave me a smile and Takashi agreed with me.

I saw Rei grabbing the control of the T.V. to turn up the volume. I went to her side and looked at the screen.

We saw a reporter taking about the incident that is happening right now, that this is world wide. Suddenly, gunshots were heard and the camera turned to the side of the ambulance where corpses started sitting from the bed and suddenly fall from the shot. Then there was nothing.

I looked behind me where the others were standing.

Y/n: "We should leave as soon as possible. Night time would be very dangerous here. So we take those buses and get away from the school." I said to them. They gave me a confident nod.