the flowers were all drenched in blood.

I gently caress one of the previously white roses. Blood transfers onto my hand. Who knows how many different shades there are, how many different types, how many people lost their head. It was a massacre for the ages, the entire town of Southport was gone. The people were gone, the town was in ruins. I liked it, it was an ugly place until now. The ruins left were better looking than the terrible, and quite frankly insulting, excuse of architecture. "I should find survivors, if there are any." I mutter bitterly to myself. I carefully make my way through broken brick and plaster, scanning every inch. The roses are out of my sight, and the possible survivors are no longer a possibility. By now I've searched every inch, returning to the field. This is it, i guess.

Days, weeks, maybe even months have passed. I'm alone and there's no sign of others. Did the government really think a worldwide near-extinction event would be a solution? No, they couldn't be so stupid, so ignorant, could they? Yes, they could and obviously they have been. A shame, I thought they were getting smarter, turns out the opposite. So sad to see corruption in this world, but this is it. This is where we are.