Bigger on the Inside ~a Dr. Who fanfic~ 6

"Anyone remotly interesting is mad in some way" -The Doctor

"So," I said, "You're a Time Lord." It had gotten boring walking through the forest with only the sound of the sonic buzzing and feet snapping twigs, so I was trying to start a conversation.

The Doctor turned around for a second, "Yeah."

"What is a Time Lord?" I walked faster to catch up to him.

"Ummm... a Time lord is an alien?"

"I know, but what makes a Time Lord a Time Lord? You look human."

He nodded. "Time Lords actually came first, so you look Time Lord."

"Whatever, but what is a Time Lord?" This was taking a while.

"Well, for starters, Time Lords have two hearts-" I cut him off.

"What the-" He cut me off.

"And we can see fixed points in time-"

"Like my nose jabbing-"

"And we can feel the earth turning-"

"Oh my g-"

"Annnnnnnd... yeah." He was hiding something.

"You're hiding something," I prodded him.

"Wha- No," he was avoiding my eyes, *hiding something*.

"Yes you aarrrre," I used a singsong voice.

"You don't need to know it now, its not important," he seemed to get angry.

I stopped. "Oh."

We continued in an akward silence.

"What planet do you come from?"

He stopped and turned, "You ask a lot of questions. I come from Gallifrey, Cat. The Time Lords were great people back in the good days, untill the Time War." He stiffened and pursed his lips as if he said something he shouldn't have.

"Time War?" I asked.

He nodded, closed his eyes and shook his head in a way that I sometimes did to rid a bad memory from my thoughts.

I stood there, unsure how to act. This seemed like a touchy subject for him but I was curious.

I ended up letting it go- for now.

"Lets keep walking, I want to find my brother."

He looked at me thankfully and turned back on the sonic.

~~~~~~~~~~

We had been walking for hours. My feet were aching, and my eyes were hard to keep open. The Doctor seemed as if he was going to burst with energy, though. He kept waving the sonic around like a sword and laughing when he picked up some signal. I couldn't hear of see any change in the blinking or buzzing, though.

I was falling behind. I was sooooo tired. If I rested on this tree for a few seconds, I'm sure the Doctor would be OK with it. My eyes drooped.

Then the sonic's buzzing increased noticably. I opened my eyes. The Doctor stood about ten paces ahead of me with his mouth open.

The sonic had stopped binking. There was a constant green light.

Yay! Done. Short chapter. I will start work on the next one tomorrow. Do I get to say geronimo?

~Clare