Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4: MY SLYTHERIN FRIENDS

     Every human in the hall were busy having their meal-mind you, every human, because there were silvery misty ghost here and there who didn’t have to eat since they’re dead. Slytherin’s ghost was Bloody Baron who was the palest among all and he had a pair of blank staring eyes, a gaunt face and his robes stained with silvery blood. I read from a book that he had killed his love for refusing him before stabbing himself to his death. Such a maniac!

I remembered mum and dad back home. I took out my gadget and desperately wanted to text them that I’m a Slytherin. I can imagine dad being very proud of me. But then, something stupid stopped me. No network!?!? I called Taylor.

“Hey! Could you like give me your phone?” I tugged at his sleeve. He blinked at me. “Phone?” he looked at my lap where my phone was laying.

    “You brought that rubbish here?” he pointed at my phone. Hey! My phone ain’t any rubbish!! It’s 2017 and he is still acting weird as if phones are illegal. “Why? Is that a problem?” I was annoyed.

“Ain’t no electronic gadgets like this work in the Wizarding World sweetheart.” He gave me a smile and batted his eyelids. I felt sick of him!

“Then how do we talk to mum?”

“Owl letters! I’ll show you later. Just shut up and eat. ” Taylor snatched my phone away and insisted me to start on my irresistible ice-cream topped jam doughnuts that never seemed to melt no matter how long I waited. Cool! I could have this all day and night. I looked at the other table and saw Arthur. He was having fun with James and everyone. I think I should start forgetting about him for now. Besides, we’re not in the same house, so why developing feelings for him now? I turned away.

   When everyone had eaten as much as they could, the food faded from the plates, leaving them sparkling clean as before. A moment later, as I was feeling warm and sleepy already, the headmistress got to her feet again. The hall fell to silence.

“Ahem- just a few more words to be reminded. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you. First-years should note that the forest in the grounds is forbidden to all pupils except members of the D.A.. No magic should be used between classes in the corridors and unlike the past years, students are allowed to bring their own pets instead of only owl, rats, and toads. Quidditch lessons will be held at the start of next week. Before we sing our school song, I would like to announce the names of the newly appointed D.A members.” She smiled and accepted the scroll that Professor Moody took from under the Sorting Hat earlier. Professor McGonagall read out the names of the D.A member or whatsoever. I was getting sleepier and just couldn’t wait to go to bed.

“Let’s begin with Slytherin. Malfoy, Scorpius!” the table broke into another cheer that made me to almost topple of my seat.

“Rosvey, Kaira!” I literally fell off my seat now. A laughing Ezrille helped me up as my brother strongly congratulated me. “What’s this about?” I whispered. “Wait, I’ll explain later.” Taylor turned away to keenly hear the rest of McGonagall’s word.

   “From Gryffindor. Bowen, Arthur! Weasley, Louis! Weasley Lucy! Weasley, Rose! From Ravenclaw. Zlaire, Yona! Scamander, Lysander and Lorcas! Kindaichi, Akiko! Axophillus, Anna! From Hufflepuff. Krum, Vector! Lupin, Luna! And finally Longbottom, Graye!” she ended and rolled back the scroll as the cheer slowly died.

  “The members will have a start-of-term meeting held at The Room of Requirement tomorrow morning before breakfast. Hope for the members to be present on time. Now, the school song!” she cried. All teachers came to their feet. Even, Professor Malfoy. He was in a long buttoned black coat and his blonde hair stood out in his aristocratic appearance.