Chapter 6: Don't call Xena fat Skulduggery

"For the last time Skulduggery, I am not making you another hat." Ghastly pinched the bridge of his nose to avoid an incoming headache.

"Look. I lost my last hat. You know, the black one? It fell into a hole while I was fighting Scapegrace and-"

Ghastly shot a pointed look at Skulduggery who sighed in defeat. "Fine. Xena ripped it."

"Because Skul here told Xena that she was fat. Which she wasn't." Valkyrie interrupted before Skulduggery could say more.

"Wait. Xena's pregnant?" Ghastly had his jaw hanging agape.

"I know right? Who knew she mated? We live right smacked on top of a hill. There aren't any dogs or people around for that matter."

"Anyway. Back to the situation at hand. I've already supplied you like what? Twenty of those things?"

The look Skulduggery gave him made him sigh. "None of them survived?"

Skulduggery hung his head low in shame and he sounded like he was praying for his hats.

"My answer is still no. Sorry Skul. But I'm retired. I'm over 400 years old. And to top it all off, I think I'm much younger than you." Ghastly said as he put away a roll of fabric in a basket.

"Nonsense. You're much older. As old as ancient bones."

"Coming from a living skeleton."

"Anyway." He leaned towards ghastly. "Do you know where I could get one of those diet pills? I'm not one hundred certain that Xena is pregnant. It may be due to what Valkyrie's been feeding her or what she finds around the house."

Ghastly was looking over his shoulder as silent as ever. Xena was growling and Skulduggery was much too afraid to look.

"Hehe. Now now, Xena. Aren't we all civilised people here?" Skulduggery was quickly backing away as Xena came closer, her teeth baring.

"Since when is she ever civilised?" Valkyrie askes with a smirk as she made no movement to stop her.

What happened next resulted in a very traumatized Skulduggery and Xena who had earned a new servant for the next two weeks.

A/N:
Apologies again for the short chapter. Do comment, vote and most of all... enjoy