Chapter 22

I held the stuffed bear nervously, going into Gee's room.

"Hey, Gee," I said softly. "How are you feeling?"

Gee sniffled, shrugging softly.

"I got you this, I'm so sorry," I said, handing him the bear.

"Not your fault," he said. "Dallon just got angry, I shouldn't have broken up with him."

"No, sweetheart, it's so much better that you did, then you won't have to suffer with him anymore," I said. "This could've been so much worse if you had stayed with him."

Gee looked down and I sat beside him on the bed.

"So, what kinda war stories are you gonna be leaving here with?" I asked, hoping to keep the mood light.

"Fractured ribs, sprained wrist, bruised collarbone," he said.

I sighed softly, holding his hand.

"Your parents coming?" I asked.

"They wanted to but they're both on business trips right now so  they can't," he said. "B-but it's okay because I'm eighteen so I'm a legal adult."

"There's gonna be a pretty hefty medical bill," I said.

"My parents told me they would take care of it," Gee said.

I nodded, gently rubbing my thumb over the  back of his hand.

"You're gonna be okay, lucky for you Dallon got expelled," I said.

Gee nodded and winced as he scooted over in the hospital bed, patting the spot beside him. I sat beside him and he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Doctors say I gotta leave in a little bit," he said.

"I know, that's why I came," I said. "I bought you a new dress so you wouldn't have to wear your school uniform out of here, I know you still don't have any other skirts."

"You bought me a dress?" He asked.

I nodded, kissing the top of his head.

"I'm sorry again about everything that happened and just the way everything went down," I said.

"It's okay, I forgive you," he said.

"Y-you do?" I asked in shock.

"Yeah, I had a lot of time to think while I was in here," Gee said. "A-and you only kissed Jamia because you thought you were doing the right thing, even if it wasn't very smart you were still just trying to help me. And you didn't know it was Jamia giving you the blowjob either so that wasn't your fault, she was just being mean."

"Thank you, Baby, thank you so much," I said.

Gee smiled softly, wiping his eyes. The nurse came in and talked with Gee before he was given permission to leave.

"Here, let me help you get dressed, I'm sure you're in a lot of pain with your ribs," I said.

Gee looked at me hesitantly for a moment before he nodded. I helped him into his panties since it took a little too much pain to bend over. I put his dress on him and smiled, kissing his cheek. He sat down on the chair and I put his socks and shoes on him.

"There we go, let's go get you signed out," I said. "We'll go grab some food before we head back to the campus."

Gee nodded and we went out so he could sign out. We went down to my car and he bit his lip as I helped him in.

"Does it hurt that much?" I asked.

"It hurts a lot," he said.

I frowned sadly and drove us to a nearby diner. I bit my lip sadly as I looked at his wrist that was in a brace as well as the bruises on his face and other exposed parts of the body.