ammunition for my abandonment issues

It was a mistake. Dad would never leave me behind. That's what I told myself anyway. But days passed and then months and then it was new years 1959. Ray was optimistic as ever that the team was coming back for us but I knew the truth. They have a time machine if they were coming back they would have been back already.

Then Sara admitted it aloud and left. I never unpacked so I went to my room and convinced Sara to let me come.

"You don't want to go where I'm going Red." She says once we were away from the lovebirds.

"I know where you're going and I'm coming with. I've got nothing left Sara, my dad is probably dead, I cant go to my family because I might change history. I can't play house. It isn't who I am and I was always the most useless one on the team anyway. If they do come back for us then all likelihood they'll know to check the league."

"It's not gonna be easy. You could die."

"I'm not afraid to." So we joined the league of Assasins. I put in my hearing aid before wanting to learn to fight properly and live without my powers. I was tested and tortured. Made to kill the people I loved, Cisco, Caitlin, Barry, Iris, Jax, Stien, Ray, Kendra, Rip, Mick, Dad. The last two were the only ones I struggled with. The closest thing I had to family. I couldn't do it and I was beaten mercilessly for it. Eventually, they worked around it. So I killed and I killed. I never did exactly as I was ordered to but I still forgot about what my life was before the league. The called me Al Tamal, Arabic for Muse.

One day the alarm was sounded. Intruders. They came in and I recognised them but I didn't know why.

The Leader Rip Hunter challenged Ra's Al Guel to a duel for Ta-er al-safer and me. Apparently, they knew us according to the British leader. Rip Hunter. The way he looked at me maybe he did know me but I don't know him.

"Maria, this isn't you." He says to me. a vague memory passes through my mind. 

I was talking to someone a man, "I'm gonna stay on board. I don't care about being a hero but if we don't help Rip he's gonna do something crazy and stupid." 

"Why do you care?" 

"I know a little bit about crazy and Stupid," I whisper confused Ra's Al Guel accepts but chooses  Ta-er Al Shafer as his champion. Rip Hunter chooses a dark-skinned woman in a ridiculous suit. She tries to speak to Ta-er Al Shafer. Just as the dark-skinned woman was about to die she sprouted wings. An image that should have confused me more.

"Maria, this is my girlfriend Kendra. She has wings." Cisco introduces the two women. I stare down the woman. She was beautiful, unfortunately. I had a crush on Cisco for a while but he saw me as a kid sister.

"Nice to meet you, Kendra."

Despite the wings, the woman Kendra was on the ground and Ta-er Al Shafer was going in for the kill.

"Sara, you're not a murderer or an assassin. You're the white Canary." She says and Ta-er Al Shafer drops her sword. A sound that was hauntingly familiar comes from afar.

"Chronos." The British leader says as a man in metal comes in with a gun killing one of the guards.

"Free them. It is the only way." Ta-er Al Shafer begs Ra's Al Guel in Arabic.

"You can't face him you can't defeat him." Rip Hunter says. "The League will fall and your reign will end if you try to defeat him alone!" Ra's turns to me and nods. I free the prisoners and the leader takes my earpiece. The world goes silent but everything becomes louder.

"I need Muse." He says and without thinking I throw a heavy but invisible force at the metal man that pushes him back. The others fight against Chronos using wings and a man made of fire and a man in a red metal suit. Chronos is on the ground and everyone has a weapon at him. The flaming man readies himself to burn Chronos when a voice calls for him to stop.  I look up and remember everything.

"Dad!" I call out and run to him. Hugging him for the first time ever as me. As Maria. When the others question why they shouldn't kill Chronos Jax takes off his mask. It's Mick.

After knocking out Mick and locking him aboard the waverider Sara Rip and I speak to Ra's Al Guel.

"I imagine you have some questions about what you witnessed." Rip starts to explain.

"When the one you call Sara Lance first arrived here her skills were unmatched it was as if she had completed the training before and Al Tamal had technology o did not know attached to her ear that she refused to be parted with. I suppose that's because both were from the future."

Sara explained her reasoning for coming back and Ra's Al Geul understood and released her then he turned to me.

"You never completed the training, you defy orders and rebel at every chance, but you never lost a battle. As valuable as your skill is, I cannot abide your rebellion. I release you Al Tamal."

"Thank you Ra's Al Ghul," I say. Before we leave Sara turns and tells Ra's Al Guel where to find her in 2008.

We go back to the waverider where the rest of the team was in the lockup with Mick. He was threatening them. Us. He tells my dad that he should have killed him when he had the chance and I stand next to Leo so as to stand up for him.

"I believe you owe us an explanation." Rip says after turning off the comms to the cell.

"Yes, it's quite remarkable Mr Rory is working for the time masters seeing as you killed him." Stien agrees.

"If you think back I never actually said I killed him."

"No, you just let us think you did," Jax responds.

"I didn't have to try too hard did I. Maybe I should've, at least he wouldn't have wound up a chew toy for the time masters."

"But if you did we wouldn't have this opportunity."

"Opportunity? To do what?" Ray asks.

"to save Mick." I realise and Rip nodded.

"he killed Aldis." Kendra states. Kendra's son from a past life I forgot about that.

"Chronos killed Aldis. Mr Rory was fighting on our side that day." Professor Stien states.

Sara agrees to say that they need to reach Rory, knowing the feeling of being trained to kill. Apart of me felt the same but I never followed orders as perfectly as Sara did. She needed this. And I needed my uncle back. My one friend on the team.

The team eventually agreed. Ray sticking up for him because of Mick saving him in prison. Snart fought back. Still hurt by Micks Betrayal. But the team ignores his hurt feelings and focuses on his actual injury. A missing hand. Turns out Rip took DNA samples for this reason and Gideon could recreate a missing limb.

"I have two questions. One how come Gideon didn't see the similarity in our DNA and mention it and two can this fix my eardrums?"

"I'm afraid not. It can only return you to the state you were when you first came on board.  As for the first question Gideon?"

"I felt it was something you should learn on your own. Miss Snart."  The AI sasses and both Leo and I are weirded out by the calling me Snart. After a second I laugh.

"I like her," I comment.

"thank you," Gideon responds and I laugh as they rebuild Snarts hand and I go back to my room to change and resettle in.

After about an hour there was a knock on the door and Snart walks in.

"Hey. How are you"

"Been better. Kinda weird. I mean I forgot how to use the shower for a while." She responds.

"I wanted to ask you about back in the league." He starts.

"Yeah, it sort of came out I was confused. Only half-remembering this place I'm sorry."

"you don't have to be sorry." Was all he said before Rip called out to them. "Let's go see what's next."