I Didn't Mean To:40

Start from the beginning

"Chloe?" 

"Deja, what happened!? Why do you sound like you're crying?" I continued to cry.

"I'll be there in 10 minutes. Don't go anywhere." She hung up the phone and I sat and cried on my bed.

I heard knocking on my door and I saw Chloe peek her head in.

"Hey, bub, what happened?" She asked. She walked in and sat next to me.

I quickly explained the whole story to her. She immediately hugged me. "Well, I bought your favorite ice cream and I also have my aunt's Netflix password so we can watch Netflix." I laughed a little.

"Thanks, Chloe," I said. She grabbed my laptop and logged into Netflix.

"What do you wanna watch?" She asked.

"I don't care..." I said.

"A walk to remember?" She asked.

"I watched that with Jayden," I said crying.

"The Notebook?"

"I also watched that with Jayden..."

"The Last Song?"

"I watched with Jayden."

"Everything everything?" She asked.

"I watched that with Jayden."

"Uh... The Titanic?"

"I also watched that with Jayden. There was this one time when we reenacted the scene where Rose lets go of Jack and I lied at the top of the stairs and let go of his hand so he rolled down the stairs and banged his head on the floor. He probably had a concussion, but we just put ice on it and went on with our lives."

"Okay... Flipped?"

"Jayden and I climbed a tree after watching that movie..."

"Ghost?"

"We watched that one too."

"Hitch?"

I nodded my head and she sighed.

"Is there a movie you haven't watched with Jayden?" She asked. 

"Jayden and I have annual movie nights. Tonight was one of them, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen."

"Look, love, I love you. A lot. But you can't sit here and be sad because Jayden doesn't believe you and Zach is an idiot. Let's go do something fun!"

"Like what?" I asked.

"Jamal's party starts in a little bit." She smirked.

"I don't wanna go to a party..."

"Well, I do and you need it."

She got up and looked through my closet.

"Ew! What is this?!" She asked throwing Jayden's boxers on the bed.

"Oh, that's when I needed to do laundry, but I didn't have enough laundry so I told Jayden I'd do his laundry so that I had enough. I just always forgot to give it back." She laughed a little.

"That's disgusting." She continued to look through my closet and grabbed a black dress off a hanger. "This is cute."

"Am I wearing black because my dignity and love life are dead?" I asked.

"Shut up and put the dress on," She said throwing the dress at me.

"I don't see how this is gonna help," I said walking into the bathroom and changing into the dress.