Chapter 2

Sitting at home. What else are you supposed to do with an injury? I was spending my Sunday lazing around. No physio, no school, no soccer, it's lovely.

Until you think about the fact you have to wake up and be productive tomorrow.
I randomly started texting Naomi over Instagram.

<Hey!>

<hai. What's up A?>

<nm. You?>

<um, you cant tell anyone, but im moving.>

<WTF?! Where?>

<mississauga. Idk for how long.>

<Shit. How are you gonna tell everyone?>

<idk. Doesn't help that I'm leaving tomorrow
morning.>

<F U C K   N O>

<sorry.😓>

<nonononono don't be sorry.>

<ok. Well, I just thought of a way to tell the class so, talk to you in a bit>

<Kay. Byee>

I went and buried my face in my pillow and started crying. She couldn't go. She was my best friend!

Like I know it's only to Mississauga, but still. It hurts when it's this sudden.

~~~~~~~~~
1 week later at physio
~~~~~~~~~

"Are you dealing with any stress?" My athletic therapist asked me.

"No not really." I lied. It's been about a week since Naomi moved. Class hasn't been the same. Everyone misses her. People haven't been leaving me alone.

"Does anyone in your family have diabetes?" He asked.

"Yeah my grandma has type 2." I replied.

"So your blood pressure is a little high, but let's get you going on those core work exercises." He said.

"Ok." I replied. I didn't have a lot of enthusiasm. I started my exercises.

According to my mom I was in there for about 3 hours, including my therapy.

Once I got home, I "went to bed" and grabbed my mattress and put it on the floor.

*BUZZ*

I looked towards my phone and saw a message from Aiden.

<what's the homework?> I looked at the message and laughed my ass off.

<you already asked me.> I replied. That's when I remembered something that due the next day.

<what is the scale for the country assignment?> I asked.

<not telling 😏>

<COME ON> I needed that tiny price of info. Like, that's ALL I needed. Everything else was done.

<fine. But you'll owe me.>

<what do I owe you?!>

<A   K I S S>

Fuck my life. I thought.

<where. When. How long?>

<on the lips, after school in the back stairwell, as long as it lasts.>

I started getting worried. I had never kissed anyone. Well, other than my family.

<well this just became awkward. Are we gonna kiss tomorrow?>