ii. Do you care?

Athazagoraphobia: (n.) the fear of being forgotten, ignored, or replaced.

●●●

"Hey Cutie, wait up!" Mike called after Will. Will turned around to face Mike, red tinting his pale face.

"Ugh, what is it?" Will said with an annoyed expression on his face. Mike cached up to him and put his arm around Will. Will wanted to scream, but held it inside. His crush on Mike was only getting bigger, and it was something unappreciated. A month had passed, and school wasn't too bad. Unless you count in Troy and James.

"So, Lucas, Dustin, and I were planning on going to a friend's house. Her name's Ellie. Wanna come?" Mike asked. Will couldn't stop looking at his freckles even if he wanted to. They looked like little stars you could connect all together.

"Um, well, I gotta talk to my mom about it." Will said as he looked away and pried Mike's hand off. Mike scoffed.

"Fine, just don't forget. I gotta go, see ya babe." Mike hugged the smaller boy before running off. If Will wasn't blushing before, he definitely was now. The guy he had a huge crush on just called him babe. Will wanted to faint right then and there, but then he heard a honking noise. He turned around and saw Jonathan waiting for him inside his car. Will ran towards the car and went inside, locking the door behind him.

"So, how was your day?" Jonathan asked. Will shrugged.

"Um, i-it was okay," Will answered. But it was beyond okay, it was great. It's not like Mike had never used pick-up lines on him before, it's just how he called Will babe. It was hard to explain.

"You seem pretty red, are you okay? Do you have a fever?" Jonathan questioned, worry in his voice. Will panicked a bit. His crush was so obvious, he had to calm down.

"Oh! R-really? I never noticed. I'm fine." Will stammered. Jonathan noticed his actions, but decided not to push him any further. Will gulped as Jonathan started driving home. He nervously tapped his finger to the song on that radio.

Darling, you gotta let me know

Should I stay or should I go?

If you say that you are mine

I'll be there 'till the end of time

So you gotta let me know

Should I stay or should I go?

Will turned to look at his older brother, and spoke. "Hey Jonathan, can I go to a friend's house? It won't be long." He explained. Jonathan smiled and glanced at Will, then glued his eyes back on the road.

"Who's this friend of yours?" Jonathan asked, a grin still on his face. He was joyful to know Will wasn't alone and he had people to confide in.

"W-Well, um, there's Mike, Lucas, and Dustin. We're going to Ellie's house, who I still haven't met, but I'd like to." Will said. Really, he didn't care much about Ellie, he just wanted to be next to Mike.

Jonathan nodded as he listed the names. "Yeah sure, just make sure you're home by eight. Mom's working 'till 12 by the way." Jonathan said. Will smiled, a genuine smile, and that was a smile that Will hadn't done in a long time. Jonathan smiled too, but because Will was happy.

"That's great. I'll be home by 8."

✨✨✨

"Hey idiot, it's Will-over." Mike heard on the walkie talkie. He immediately picked it up and spoke back.

"Hey Cutie, it's your boyfriend-over." Mike responded, he heard as Will hesitated to say words.

"I-i, y-you, just shut up!" Will said, then added, "Jonathan said I could go and be back by eight. Now I'm regretting asking-over." Will groaned. Mike laughed quietly.