Too Good To Be True

Start from the beginning

            “Goodbye, filthy rogue.” His voice snarled, almost seeming unrecognizable.

            Yet, sadly, I couldn’t forget that voice. It can from the person I called my mate. Shivers were sent up my spine as I found my way to the bottom of the steps. Jace stood in the cell closest to me, with a guy lying on the ground, covered in blood. The air reeked of iron and the coolness of the air gave the setting a more eerie feel to it. My eyes filled with tears as I watched in horror as my mate brought his foot down on the already, beaten and helpless guy on the ground. The snap of his neck filled the room, causing goose bumps to cover my skin.

            I couldn’t even control myself as a scream escaped my throat. How was I supposed to reach to that? Jace whirled around to finally make eye contact with me. I noticed that there was another male werewolf in there with him, but I didn’t have time to ask as I bolted up the stairs, breaking the almost unbreakable eye contact Jace and I had shared. My feet pounded up the stairs, sending a loud echo through the basement. I couldn’t believe Jace, he was a monster.

            I wiped away the tears from my reddened cheeks as threw open the door, nearly blinded from the light of the hallway. I could hear footsteps following me up the stairs which caused me to run faster, not wanting to get anywhere near Jace or anyone in his house. Everyone here was crazy and killers, that’s why they have a prison in there house. I may be overreaching at the moment, I don’t really know. All I know is that I watched my mate murder a defenseless man right in front of me.

            As I turned around the corner, I ran smack into someone. I stumbled backwards to see a worried Zack standing before me. My eyes widened as I stared at him with pure disgust. I’m positive he knew about this and that’s why he was hanging out with me all day. Jace wanted to lie to me and keep this dirty little secret from me.

            “Stay away from me! You’re a monster and so is Jace. I can’t believe you guys. Let me go home!” I cried, not wanting to be in a house with killers. I didn’t care if they were werewolf or not, that doesn’t mean they can just murder people and it be normal. I missed the normal, repetitive day back in Cadellan. I wanted to go home now more than ever.

            “Whoa, calm down. What happened?” Zack asked.

            “You’re killers. What did that rogue ever do to you? He killed the rogue like it was something normal!” I spat.

            I went to walk around him, but he caught my arm in his hand. My eyes looked back to see that Jace was walking threw the cellar door with the other werewolf that was with him before. My eyes were still stinging with tears. My mind hated Jace with a burning passion, but then my body wanted to feel his touch. In the back of my mind, I could hear my wolf whimpering.

            Shut up, I’m done with Jace and you can’t say anything about it.

            I’m apart of you, of course I have a say!

            The fact that my wolf, who rarely talked to me unless it was involving Jace, snapped at me like that just ticked me off even more. I ripped my arm away from Zack, glaring at him in the process. How could Zack keep something like this from me? I thought we were becoming friends.

            “Give me your full name so I can reject your sorry ass.” I growled at Jace, who was still covered in blood and an emotionless look on his face.

            He had been staring at the ground until I had spoken. We gazed into each others eyes and I saw a mixture of guilt and sorrow. Part of me started to feel upset by his feelings. Snap out of it, you can’t feel bad for him, Isabella, he’s a killer. Yes, I talk to myself but how is that any weirder than talking to a wolf that’s apart of you. My wolf was whimpering and pleading for me to take back what I said, but I wouldn’t.

            “Please, let me explain.” Jace begged, taking a step forward.

            “No, I don’t want to hear excuses. I knew my first impression about you was right. I shouldn’t have given you another chance because I knew you’d ruin it. I’m such an idiot.” I said, frowning.

            “You’re not an idiot. Let’s just sit down and talk about this, please. I’m the same guy that you hung out with earlier.” He said, pleading with his eyes.

            “Except for the fact that you’re a murderer. You disgust me, Jace. I’m leaving, and I swear if you try and stop me, you will be sorry.” I spat, growling at him as he stepped forward.

            Did he really not get the threat I gave him? Growling still felt so foreign to me. It was so inhuman that I had to remind myself that I was a werewolf too. I turned and walked past Zack, who didn’t dare touch me again. I started to head for the front door when I felt a hand grab onto my arm. Without seeing who it was, not that I needed too, I knew it was Jace by the tingles that followed the touch, I whirled around and slapped him across the face. My wolf screamed as I did so, hurting my ears. I tried my best to ignore her.

            Right now, I was thankful that I had become stronger since I became a werewolf. My hand was stinging and Jace’s cheek started to turn red. He still had a grip on my wrist but with his other hand, he rubbed his cheek slowly. I was about to yell at him again but an overwhelming pain erupted through my entire body.

            I let out a scream as pain took over and I fell to my knees. Jace’s face looked concern as he grabbed m face, demanding to know what was wrong. I was in too much pain to speak. My hands trembled. My head pounded. My muscle fists clenched. Tears streamed down my cheeks. This was too much for me to deal with. Everything started to fade in and out. Jace was trying to talk to me but everything he said just went in one ear and out the other. Then everything faded to darkness.

Hey everyone!!! Another update!!! What did you think? What happened to Izzy at the end? Please comment and vote!! This chapter's dedication goes to @All_My_Flaws. Thanks so much for commenting, you are great. What do you think will happen next with Izzy and Jace?

Also I wrote a poem on here and published it a few days ago. My poem is called, "If There's A God Out There."  I would really love it if you guys could go check it out because I rarely write poems and want to see if you guys like it or not. It won't take that long to read. And please message me or comment about it, please. Thanks again and i'll try and update as soon as I can. Thanks everyone!!! :)