"Ellison..." I lead on. I don't want to make him mad, mostly his wolf. From what I've been told, a female's heat can overwhelm a male to the point where he completely loses control. I suppose that's why everyone was looking at me during breakfast. They all knew too.

"I know, I'm trying." He says unmoving. He was fighting his wolf for me. I could see the struggle in his eyes and in his hold. His hands were tightening and loosening every other second.

"You need to calm down." I tell him

"Don't you think I fúcking know that?!" His head lifts and his eyes aren't his anymore. Instead of the soft grey, they're golden.

"I'm sorry." I whisper. "I know you want to help." I try to appease his wolf. He simply growls and steps even closer to me.

"Mine." He snarls, feeling his lips on my neck.

My eyes widen and I panic, "Ellison, stop." I start to move around in his hold. His grip tightens to the point where it's painful. "Just let me go."

"No, you're mine." One of his hands moves to my neck, pulling it to the side where my mark lays. His lips barely touch it and I try my best not to moan at the contact. If I do, he'll only go further.

"Ellison, please," I squirm, "You're hurting me."

And just like that, he let's me go. My hands fall to my sides before I pick them up, examining them. My wrists are red as hell and hurt to touch. Tears begin to cloud my vision. Looking up, I see Ellison with his head held low. I knew he felt bad and that it wasn't really him but I still had the urge to yell at him.

"Look at what you did!" and "How could you?"

He told me that he wanted to start over. He didn't want to hurt me. but how can we do that if he can't control himself?

I wait for him to say something, anything yet he doesn't. Instead, he just walks out door, leaving me.

My jaw drops and I don't know why I am so surprised. He left me once and he's leaving me now. And although, I'm sure he'll come back, I can't help but feel so hurt.

"Lillian?" I mind link her.

"Talia? Omg, how are you?!"

I sniffle back, "Please come get me."

"What happened?!"

"I'll explain when you get here."

Not two minutes later does Lillian come rushing into my room. I'm still standing in the same place when she throws her arms around me.

"I'm so sorry." She tells me as I start to sob. "Cole told me a few things before I left. Ellison mind linked him so he's going to go find him."

"I just thought that he would be able to handle this." I cry.

"Oh, honey." She pulls away, "Let's talk on the bed."

For hours Lillian and I sit on the bed. I tell her everything from what happened between last night and this morning. I explain how sweet he was when he cleaned me up in the middle of the night, despite how tired he looked. That no matter what I needed, he'd find a way to get it to me. Whether it was him cuddling closer or getting me a glass of water, he did it all.

I even told her about the kiss. I confessed that it had cooled me faster than anything else we had tried. That it was the best feeling I had ever felt. How for the rest of the night, I kept touching my lips, wondering what it would feel like when he kissed them.

And then this morning. We had done a 360. Ellison and I had actually been getting along then all of a sudden, we couldn't. My heat had brought us together and now torn us apart. I told her how much I hated him for not being able to control himself despite being older and an alpha.