Chapter 1: Captured

The police force was getting ready to capture the thieves they've been trying to get for years now. Commissioner Malcolm had recruited many of his best men to do this job but Ash and Andrew said that they won't be enough. He was confused at first until the Kanto detective's team arrived. They all carried highly advanced weaponry and wore some kind of futuristic armour. The ones that stood out were a cyborg like ninja, a lady in futuristic looking armour and a soldier with a big gun and sunglasses.

"Who might these three be?" Malcolm asked.

"These are the more superior soldiers of our force" Ash answered.

"My name is Genji" the cyborg ninja introduced in a Japanese accent.

"'ello luv, I'm Lena Oxten, codename: Tracer" the woman greeted in a London accent.

"I'm Jack, but I'm known as Soldier 76" the soldier ended.

"These three are going to lead the men, they will do as they must but will not kill unless told to" Andrew explained.

After the explanation, Malcom called upon all the men to follow him to the location of the thieves. Ash and Andrew stayed back since they had work to figure out the background of these so called burglars. All they needed were the names of the burglars so they had to wait until the capturing is done.

In Vanville Town

Serena had brought the diamond she had stolen from the museum andplaced it on the table where Calem could see. He was very happy that they have obtained the world's most expensive diamond. He wanted to celebrate but it was too late to have a bottle of champagne, so he had to find another way of celebrating.

"Serena, how do you think we should celebrate this successful steal?" Calem asked.

"I'm not sure, we could dance around or have a feast in the morning" Serena suggested.

"OR YOU COULD COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP" a police officer yelled through a megaphone.

Serena and Calem were surprised by the noise that they heard outside and the fact that someone could hear them. The two ran towards the window to find that their whole base was surrounded by policemen. Even some of them looked kind of futuristic too as they had some kind of armour. They were confused as to how they found them until Serena accidentally knocked over the diamond and smashed it. It was revealed to be fake and have a tracking beacon inside of it.

"A fake, they were using it to find us" Calem exclaimed.

"What are we going to do?" Serena asked.

"We'll get our troops to defend" Calem answered as he started recruiting men.

A lot of Calem's men came running out with guns in their arms and started firing at the police. They fired back and soon began a miniature war between the burglars and police force. Soldier 76 was a skilled gunman and was able to shoot multiple burglars from far away. When Tracer got close, a barrage of bullets was sent towards her. However, she used the chronal accelerator on her armour to blink out of the way and sent a pulse bomb above them. It exploded and debris fell onto the burglars. Genji ran into the building in search for the leaders but was stopped by a bunch of men with guns.

"End of the line ninja" One of them said as he pointed his gun towards him.

The men started firing multiple bullets at Genji but he was much quicker than the eye could see. He grabbed his katana and sliced every single bullet that got near him and when he got close, Genji sliced the barrels of the guns. This caused the men to get scared and eventually run off. One of them ran off to where Calem and Serena were and when he came in, he was sweating crazy. This really confused the two standing there.

"What is going on?" Calem asked.

"A cyborg ninja cut every single bullet we fired and sliced our guns" The man explained.

"Don't be silly, that can't be true" Serena exclaimed.

"Actually, he's not lying" A Japanese accent said.

They looked up to see Genji sitting on a beam on the roof. As soon as the man saw him, he quickly ran out screaming. Calem grabbed a gun and started firing at him but Genji blocked every single shot. With nothing left to do, the two tried to bolt of but the cyborg ninja shut the door and blocked it with a closet. Fortunately for Calem, he had set up an escape route and ran towards it with Serena behind him. He was able to escape but Genji was fast enough to grab Serena and take her outside.

"I see you've caught one of them" Soldier 76 exclaimed.

"Where did the other one go?" Malcolm asked.

"Escaped, they had an escape route planned" Genji answered.

"Don't worry, we'll get him next time" Tracer informed.

Back at the station

Serena was sitting in the interrogation room by herself. She waited for a while and she couldn't leave due to being cuffed to the chair. She heard the door open and turned to see Detective Ketchum walk in. He sat on the chair in front of her and placed his arms on the table.

"Hello Serena" Ash greeted.

"What do you want?" Serena asked aggressively.

"Now, now, let's not be aggressive" Ash informed her, "All I want to know is why you chose to be a burglar"

"Let me give you a summary, my life was horrible as I was abused by my parents and the only friend I had was Calem" Serena explained, "We ran from home at the age of 8 and ended up stealing a lot which led to our burglary life"

"So Calem is your only friend?" Ash asked.

"I did have another one when I once was sent to Kanto at the age of 5, I was there for a camp and I met this boy who seemed very nice to me" Serena answered, "I never got to see him again after leaving Kanto, so Calem was the only person who was a friend"

"You know Serena, we aren't that very different" Ash stated.

Cliffhanger, I wonder what Ash has to say to Serena. Stay tuned for the next chapter which will probably be finished about an hour after this one.