Bubbly

"Hey, Britton." I spoke loudly as I walked through the front door, putting my key back in my pocket. I locked the door back and noticed that all the lights were off except for the security light outside and the TV on Britton's wall. They rewatched Zootopia, or I came back here much quicker than I thought.

I looked at the time in the kitchen and it was-- I need glasses. I walked closer to the living room to turn the TV off, and I notice Britton sleeping with Angie resting on her leg. I carefully took my shoes off and walked over to Angie who was already changed into her pajamas. I picked her up in my arms and quietly walked to Jackie's old room. I opened the door and went to the bed and picked up the covers laying Angie directly in the middle. I laid the covers back down and moved the pillows around her so that she doesn't fall off the bed. I walked back to the living room and saw Britton also laying in her Pajamas fast asleep. I took my jacket off and laid it on the coffee table, next to a plate of pasta that wasn't eaten.

I don't want to think that Britton still isn't eating, because the last few times I was here she ate at least half her plate. So maybe she got seconds, and changed her mind last minute. Or I'm in denial and she didn't eat anything at all.

IpickedBritton up and walked down the hallway, all the way to her bedroom. Her room was spotless like no one lived in here. Except for her bed, that had a small dint in where she usually slept. Her headboard was a cotton light brown fabric, that had dark brown pins in every other spot making a diamond-shaped pattern.

I walked closer to her bed and pulled her covers back and laid her down. In the most non-freakish and perverted way, I took Britton's pants off and pulled the cover back over her body. I folded her pants and put it on top of her dresser.

"Justin?"Britton said quietly with her sheets ruffling around. I turned around and saw her sitting up on the bed. She wiped her eyes and looked up at me, she blinked a few times and then grabbed her glasses putting them on over eyes. "what are you doing here? Or am I dreaming?"

"You're not dreaming." I chuckled lightly as I sat beside her.

"Where's Angie?" She asked ready to get out of the bed, but I grabbed her hand and made her sit back down.

"In Jackie's old room, snoring away," I told her, and a wave of relief washed over her face. "And I forgot my thumb drive on the dining room table. I saw Jackie pulling into the driveway when I left earlier?"

"Oh, she apologized for what she said." Britton sighed.

"Did you not believe her apology?" I asked, her body language looked like she wanted to talk about anything but that.

"What? No, no. We're fine now." She expressed with a small smile. "But its pretty late and I have to be at work early."

I almost forgot her house building side to her career. "Right, I'll just grab my thumb drive and be on my way." I smiled as stood up from the bed, but I was stopped when Britton grabbed my hand. I sat back down, and she reached over hugged me tightly.

I could feel her smile. "Sorry, I haven't had one of those in a while." She told me as she pulled away and looked at me.

"Would you like another?" I teased. "Because I could give you a thousand of these anytime you like."

Britton shook her head and looked down at her lap. "Um, I'm off at twelve." She said hesitantly. "Would you like to come over for lunch or maybe I could come over to Emma's and bring you lunch?"

"You're so cute when you're nervous." I gushed just to make her squirm again and it was delightful. She shook her head and rolled her eyes, and laid back down. "Look as long you're not cooking it's all good either way." She kicked me through the covers, I'm only joking and she knows it. She turned over and looked at me.