An Inappropriate Meal

Začít od začátku

"Yes, it may be delicious, but I wouldn't eat cake for breakfast.  Cake is a dessert which is meant for later in the day, breakfast is in the morning, so what you have picked is an inappropriate meal." I said, staring at her.

She started laughing again.

"Oh, Shaun!  You don't have to be so logical you know, just kind of go with whatever happens, plus I eat cake for breakfast." I gave her a confused look.

She gave me the same one back.  Humorous.  I showed a smile.

"Eat your nachos."

----------------------------------

Beverly's POV

"He looks exactly like my brother," Shaun started to tell me one of his hospital stories, about how he is treating a patient that looks like his brother, "It's a shame that I will never see him again.  Plus, that cannot be him, my brother died, it is not possible to come back to life after being dead for seven years."

"What is your brother's name anyway?" I try not to ask him questions, but I couldn't find a different way to ask this.

"S-steve." He stuttered.  Is he nervous?  I should probably keep away from questions.

"Steve..." I mumbled to myself.  For some reason, this seems very familiar to me.

"One... Two... Three... Four... Five... Six-"

"Make sure you count to 30 Beverly!" Steve said before he walked away with his brother.

"I know, I know!"

"Twenty-One, Twenty-Two-"

"NO!!!!"

I looked up from my hands to see what the fuss was about.

I saw Shaun standing on top of a train, and he was looking at the other side of the train, about to cry.

I ran over to the other side of the train.

My eye's widened.  "Sh-Shaun?  What happened?"

He didn't move, he started shaking, tears falling down his face.

"I-I, c-couldn't, S-steve," He tried to speak, but the words failed to come out of his mouth.

I was shaking too, but not as bad.

I climbed up the train's ladder and escorted Shaun down, helping him get off without him falling.  The other kids must still be hiding.

"GUYS!  EMERGENCY!" I yelled.  No one answered.

"They ditched us," I said.

"S-steve?  S-steve?" Shaun was crying over his brother's possible corpse.

"Steve..." It all came back to me.  I looked at Shaun and almost burst out crying.

"We need t-to go Shaun."

"Why?  Are you alright?" He asked.

"Um, yeah, I'm fine."

We got back into my car and started to drive down the road.

"Shaun?  I'm going to tell you something, but you can't freak out okay?" I said, never taking my eyes off the road.

"Um, um, okay." He turned to face me.

"I knew you, and Steve.  I was there when he died.  I helped you off the train so you could get to him, remember?  I tried to comfort you but you wouldn't let me.  I just sat and watched as you cried.  I felt so bad, I-I even started crying myself." I looked at him, quickly.

His face showed no emotion.

"I didn't know that was you.  You look so different now.  I'm sure Steve would be proud to see you now.  He talked about you a lot.  I can't believe it took me this long to realize that was you."

"I'm sorry Shaun."

"It isn't your fault, it was mine.  I could have told him that we could hide somewhere else, but he brought up the idea of an adventure.  No one can turn down an adventure, now can they?"

"No, I guess they can't." No one can turn down a new adventure, and it looks like I'm apart of a new adventure.

_________________________

Hey, sorry the update is so late at night but at least it is updated on the day I said I would double update!

Should I make the chapters longer?  I feel like I can add more detail to each chapter.

Hope you are enjoying this, even though it is only the third chapter.

It was very dramatic.

I will try to have an update around 2pm tomorrow but it might be pushed back!

Bye!

<3