"It's just...you needed a skirt and I found Jamia and got it from her," I said.

Gee looked at me in confusion.

"That doesn't explain anything," he said.

"I had to kiss her to get it," I said quietly. "It was just a tiny little peck on the lips and it was only because I love you."

Gee stood up, his eyes filled with tears.

"Baby, it won't happen again, I love you," I said.

"Y-you're just like Bert," he whispered.

"No, baby boy, I'm not, I'm sorry," I said.

"It is, you are just like him," he said. "Going and kissing other people like him."

"No, baby," I said.

I grabbed his shoulders but he pushed me away.

"I can't be with you," he muttered. "You're the one who taught me to only be with a man who actually respects me. A-and because of that I don't think I can be with you anymore."

"No, baby, I respect you, I love you," I said. "I-I was only trying to help you."

"I would rather wear pants than have you kiss her," he said. "You didn't have to do that, that wasn't helping me. Kissing girls doesn't help. Y-you're just like Bert."

"No, I'm not," I denied. "I love you and I care for you and I want the best for you. I am not like Bert, I do not hurt you or harass you or make you feel like you are nothing. I love you so much, Baby."

Gee sniffled, shaking his head.

"But you still kissed her," he whimpered.

"I-I'm Sorry, Baby," I whispered, my voice cracking. "I-I didn't mean for all of this to happen."

"You didn't mean for me to find out?" He asked.

"I didn't mean for any of this shit to happen," I said. "I never wanted to kiss her."

"Then why didn't you just get the skirt from someone else?" Gee asked.

I didn't say anything as I looked at him. Why didn't I just go to someone else?

Gee huffed and turned to walk out of the room. I cried quietly, wiping my eyes. I sat down in my chair, burying my face into his hands.

I knew I needed to make it up to him somehow. How was I supposed to make it up to him for this? He was right, I kissed someone. It would've been better for me to just go to someone else. I'm sure some random person would even offer to give up a skirt for Gee.

But I just fucked up. I fucked it all up between us.

The door opened and Joe walked in. He pulled a chair next to me, sighing quietly as he gave my shoulder a gentle squeeze.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I kissed Jamia and Gee found out and he broke up with me," I cried.

"Why would you kiss her?" He asked.

"Because I was just trying to help Gee," I said. "He needed a skirt and she would only give me one if I kissed her for it."

"Why didn't you just get it from someone else?" He asked.

"I wasn't thinking about that!" I cried. "I was just thinking about how much i loved Gee and how much I just wanted to see him happy again."

Joe sighed, rubbing my back gently.

"Go take the rest of the day off," he suggested. "Go Home and think things over."

"No, I-I need to make it up to Gee, I need to—"

"He needs time to think about things too," Joe interrupted. "Just go home and relax and then after you can think about ways to make this up to him."

"How am I going to make it up to him, Joe?" I asked. "I-I fucking kissed her. He's right, I am just like Bert."

"Come on, Frank, I think right now it's best for you to just go home for a little bit," he said.

I nodded, wiping my eyes. I went back to my house and sniffled, wiping my eyes. I sat down on my couch and looked around. Oh god, even just being here hurt.

I could see some of his toys on the ground and one of his school ties on the coffee table and one of his sweaters was on the armchair. I sniffled, gently picking up one of Gee's stuffed animals that was on the couch beside me. I hugged her gently, sniffling as I laid down.

I closed my eyes, my body relaxing into the couch. My eyes were heavy and hot from all the crying, making me feel even more exhausted than I Even was. I closed my eyes, hugging the stuffed toy tighter as I fell asleep.

When I woke up I wished everything was just some bad dream. Unfortunately I was struck with the reality that made my stomach drop. I looked up at the ceiling, sniffling quietly.

My clock said that school had already ended by now, meaning that Joe was open to talk now. I went to his house and sighed as I sat on the couch.

"What do I do about this?" I asked.

"I don't know, Frank, is there anything you can do to fix this?" He asked. "You kissed someone else. It was for good reasons but you shouldn't kiss someone else while you're in a committed relationship."

"I know, you don't think I don't know that?" I asked. "But it's happened and now I just need to know how to make it up to Gee. He says I'm just like Bert and he doesn't want to date someone that's like Bert again."

"Frank, I think you just need to give him some time," Joe said. "He needs time to think about things and think about how much he loves you."

"But I can do something else," I insisted. "I-I can buy him toys or flowers or—"

"You can try," Joe said. "But I'm not making any promises that it'll actually work. He's hurt, Frank, he loved you and trusted you and you kissed someone else. It makes it especially worse that it was Jamia, you know that he really does not like her at all. She's always flirting with you and hitting on you and he does not like her one bit."

"I know, I didn't mean for any of this to happen," I said. "I-I just wanted him to have a skirt, I wanted him to be happy."

"Then right now you just need to give him space," he said. "I think you should just leave him be for a little bit, have him be like a normal student before the two of you have a nice long talk to discuss everything."

"Yeah, I-I think you're right," I said. "I just want to be with him, all I know in life is that I want to be with him."