Chapter 12

Nick

                When Kadence started walking to the stables, I couldn’t even begin to explain the happiness I felt inside.  I finally had her back, she was finally mine again.  If only we could figure out a quicker plan to get rid of this stupid ass she was stuck with.  I had a feeling tonight would be the night Kadence would want to be with me all the way, she had never dressed like that in her life.  The most I had seen her dressed up was for dances or performances that was really it.  I had planned to make this night memorable and I was going to keep to that.  I had brought a dozen of roses to give to her tonight on the night ride just to show my appreciation for her.  I climbed in the bed on my truck and took out my air mattress set out of the tool chest.  I blew it up to lay it in the bed of the truck after that I pulled out the attire for the bed set up I always stashed in there.  Instead of giving her the roses I spread all the petals across the bed of my truck on the tires and around the ground.  Since I had planned on staying out here anyway I set up the tent outside hoping that we wouldn’t even make it in there.  I had enough blankets to make us stay warm all night and there was no way I was going to let her go.  I finally finished it and gave myself a pat on the back for the way everything looked.  Once we got back I would turn the radio on in this beast and make it a night she will never forget.

                I ran up to the stable and watched Kadence finish putting the sattle on Diamond Dancer.  I named that horse after Kadence when we were about fourteen.  Her passion was to dance, but after the loss of her mother she could never bring herself to do it again.  She shined like a diamond when she was on stage and that’s when I came up with Diamond Dancer.  Of course she sattled up Big Ben for me.  I always took him for a ride, it was almost like me and that horse were connected at the heart.  I stopped and took a minute to stare at the women I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.  She was beautiful from head to toe.  Her long brown hair had the perfect touch of wave to it and it would gently lay across her back.  Those eyes of hers, were like something else.  She had a hazel brown that burned right through my heart whenever I caught her staring.  I loved that she had the biggest heart and was such a giver, but she had a feisty fire burning in her as well.  She was perfect for me and I was going to make sure she knew that tonight.  I watched as she petted Diamond Dancer and secretly talked to her thinking the horse could understand her.   The country life fit her perfectly, and one day I would wake up to her every day while living on this ranch.  I cleared my throat to give her a hint that I was here, she turned and gave me the cutest smile I ever seen.

“Hey cowboy you ready to head out with these loving babies?”

“More than you know Kadence baby, more than you know.”  We walked the horses out to the field where we jumped up on the horses.  I couldn’t keep my eyes off of Kadence, she looked beautiful in the moonlight.  We started walking around the thousands of acres that my grandmother owned, finally Kadence broke the silence.

“Nick it’s so beautiful out here.  I can’t wait to be out here.  It will be so amazing to own all this with you, watch kids run around, and seeing all the kids from the dirt tracks come out here to practice with you.”

“Trust me baby I can’t wait either, but first I would like to focus on making a lot of memories with my baby girl to share with our future kids.”

“I like the sound of that.  I am so sorry I never gave you a chance to explain Nick.  I wish I would have so this stupid shit would have never happened. “