When things were okay

Note that Aileen and maya attend a girls school

(Maya's POV)

The hall was crowded with many chattering girls by the time we got their.

"All right!!! girls now please be silent and take your seats" our principal Mrs. Jane said angrily.

Mrs. Jane is a kind woman but she can be very stern at times. Aileen and I found two seats in the back most corner of the hall .

"A very Good morning girls! Today I called you here to discuss several important matters.As we all know today we are going to select children for the inter school music competition which is annually held and this year the top three winners will get a scholarship to the Kirrin school of arts ."

I looked at Aileen. She was staring at her shoes nervously. " Hey Aily I know you can do this! Don't be so nervous girl .Let's go and practice in the old music room before you go to the selections okay?" I tried to comfort her.

"Im actually not worried about the selection Maia ....... what am I going to do if my parents find out about this? I donno what they might do.?Remember last time?" Aileen whispered. She looked like she was about to cry.

Aileen loves to play her Cello .Her dream is to become a Cello artist one day, her parents were proud of her when she played the Cello when she was younger but not now, Aileen's parents are busy with their jobs and they don't have much time to interact with her, talk to her and understand her wills and desires.Their only dream is to see her become an engineer or doctor and make them proud of themselves.In their point
Of view becoming an artist is a shame to them and Ailee has been adviced many times not to play the Cello or participate in competitions.

"Oh !! Don't worry Ailee just do it girl! Maybe they will change their mind once you get chosen" I tried to comfort her.

" duh! I'm not that talented Maia  it would be surprising if I at least get selected for the inter school competition.And trust me my parents are never gonna change"Aileen whispered to my ear and sighed.

"Of course your gonna get selected! Mark my words you are definitely gonna get selected." I assured her. But that's when I noticed a few people in front of us were staring at me.

"May can you like lower your volume. Even the principal might here you if you shout like that."Aileen said .

*****

The bell rang for the interval and children were already starting to fill up in the hallways. The morning assembly lasted for about an hour and then we had to go back to our classes and start our regular work. The selections were in the evening.

Aileen was sitting next to me. She was busy looking at some music notes

"Hey is that the piece you're going to play today" I asked and grabbed the paper from her and started reading it even tough I didn't understand a single thing in it.

"Mmh yeah, it's an old one" Ailee said

" hey do you wanna go to the cafeteria? I have some sandwiches so we can go to the old music room and practice the piece if you want." I suggested her.

Oh really? Is that okay with you?" Aileen asked happily in excitement.

" Sure girl. Now let's hurry up then. We don't have much time left" I said and we both started making our way to the old music room.

It's a place where the two of us usually hangout. Sometimes I practice dancing there. I love street dancing a lot. And Aileen go there to play her Cello. Nobody uses that room . That room has been locked up for years and A few months ago I asked the janitor for the keys and ever since that room has been a place where Aily and I hangout almost everyday.

The place smelled old but it was always warm and cozy inside it.

"Okay then let's get to work....... Say me if it's good okay?" Aileen said me while unboxing her Cello from the case.

"Sure!" I told while searching for a chair s for Aileen and finally found one.

She took her Cello in one hand and sat in the chair I just found for her. She took a deep breath while adjusting the Cello in position . She closed her eyes for a few seconds

"All right! Here I go...." she said and started playing

The music was slow and deep .Lovely. I could feel the music flowing trough me . It was like dreaming! I couldn't believe I was there until the music came to an end. I was lost in thoughts and emotions. Aileen always manages to make me drift away whenever she plays it. She is so good at playing it.

" So how is it?" She asked me nervously whiling plucking at the the strings

"Omg! It's lovely Aily I love it! I'm sure this is gonna make it to the top !!" I said in excitement

" hmm .... thanks for those encouraging words! It's not that nice anyway. But that's okay l try to do it in my best!" She said and smiled at me .

" yeah that's my girl!" I said

" I wish I could come to watch you play but how unfortunate I have dancing classes with Chaelin today." I said in disappointment .

"Oooh that's okay May the help and support you give me everyday is more than enough. Your the reason why I'm here today playing the Cello for a competition. If not for your encouragement I would've given up on my dream a long time ago!" Aileen said happily .

"Awww that's nothing Aily all I do is not letting you give up and besides if not for you I won't be here either!!" I said and gave her a big smile.

Aileen practiced a few more times until the bell rang and we had to go back to our classes.i

*****

Hey everyone! Loving the story? Please comment and like!!! And lemme know your ideas too!! And once again I apologize for my grammar errors!!