When A Man Loves (Sequel 3/4)

Börja om från början

(y/n): "Penny please!"

I ran towards her, hugging her as tightly as I could but she was far stronger than I am.

She pushed me back, slamming my back against the wall, her eyes were wide out of panic.

Penny: "No! Get away from me! I don't want you! *hic* Please stay away from me! *hic*"

Before anyone could do anything else, Penny took off, running down the hallway and away from everyone else.

Blake: "Quick (y/n)! We need to go after her!"

(y/n): "No... you guys go... I can't be her father anymore..."

General POV

Yang: "What are we gonna do?"

As of the moment, Yang and Blake were talking outside (y/n)'s lab. With (y/n) sulking over Penny's words and Penny running away, it was up to the two mothers to fix this mess.

Blake: "Penny is on the run and I don't know where, (y/n) is there but... I don't exactly know what to do right now..."

Yang: "Dammit... I'm not qualified for these things..."

Blake: "I guess we're partly to blame... we are her mother after all"

Yang: "And his wives..."

Blake: "For now..."

Yang: "OH yeah for now, he's picking me in the end!"

Blake: "Not now..."

Yang: "Just trying to lighten up the mood"

Blake: "We need to try, they need us right now"

Yang: "We split?"

Blake: "Yes, and as much as I hate to say this but, you take (y/n), make him go back to his senses"

Yang: "Awww... Really?"

Blake: "I can track Penny, I-I hope. I know a thing or two about being different and trying to be normal..."

Yang: "Yeah... lighting things up always had been my specialty..."

Blake POV

I hiked up a familiar mountain. It was here where we first met (y/n). He was able to cover the whole thing under a snowstorm. Now, I come back for his daughter. Unlike before, it was easier with the calm weather and more solid footing. Upon seeing the old lodging house, I entered cautiously.

Blake: "Penny?"

It was left almost just the same, by the fireplace was Penny, hunched up like a ball. Not everyone knows this, a lot of people think that hunters and huntresses in training have it all figured out, that they are exactly like their future counterparts. This is something they never present in those stories, books or even TV Shows.

We're all still young...

Teenagers, some even younger...

Seeing Penny like this, curled up like a baby, hugging her knees, reminded me of this. We still don't have it all figured out...

Penny: "How'd you know where to find me? I don't recall you ever seeing me here..."

Blake: "Robotic footprints are easy to track..."

I walked over towards her, sitting down beside her and making sure she knows I'm there.

Penny: "Tell me, mom... am I... normal?"

I looked at her, her eyes shaking. She wasn't sure, and she needed an answer. Right now, I could only think of one...

Blake: "No, you're not normal, you're FAR from normal..."

I kept on going, there's no turning back. If she's going to hear the truth, she needs to hear it from family...

Blake: "You are a robot girl with a soul and your father has the souls of his parents and former teammates in him. You have two mothers, one of which is a faunus with many trust issues..."

I removed my bow, revealing the cat ears she always knew I had.

Blake: "And the other one can go super saiyan (or as she calls it, super saiYANG) over a strand of her hair being cut off. Trust me, you're far from normal. But the good part is that you don't have to BE normal..."

Penny: "But I want to be normal... I want to be a real girl"

Blake: "You are a real girl, you love your father don't you? You love playing with Ruby and have friends. Trust me, from someone who doesn't fit in, it's okay to not be normal..."

Penny: "You have a whole race of people like you... I'm... the only one like this"

Blake: "I guess you're right, but we're still here for you"

Penny: "I'm not even sure if I'm actually my father's daughter..."

Blake: "I think it's far too late to say you're not... Even if you're not really his daughter, I think the overall time he's spend with you and all the effort he puts to protect you and make you smile. I think you're more of a daughter to him anyway"

Penny: "But what if I am just a program..."

Blake: "Doesn't matter, those feelings you get are still real. The mere fact that you're here, telling me about all these things tell me you're alive. Programs from my understanding are always sure. If 'A' happens, then the program proceeds to 'B'. Life, is not always so clear cut and straightforward"

Penny: "Do you... do you think-"

Before Penny could finish her sentence, my scroll suddenly rang, alerting both me and Penny. On the other end was Yang...

Yang: "BLAKE! QUICK! AH! I NEED HELP! (Y/N)! HE'S-"

And it suddenly went silent. The call was preemptively ended...

The silence was cold and torturing, fear ran up my spine alerting every inch of my body. I felt so uneasy...

Blake: "(y/n)'s in trouble!"

Penny: "OH NO! I-I Uh..."

Blake: "We need to go!"

Penny: "Locating father's scroll! Blake! Hop on!"

Without thinking how silly we looked, I hopped on my daughter's back as she blasted off in search of her father...