FOURTEEN

FOURTEEN: TIL DEATH DO US PART

"SOMEONE IS REALLY GOING TO HAVE TO DO some explaining because I don't know what the hell a mind flayer is," Katherine muttered as Dustin set down a big and old book in front of the group. 

"The mind flayer," Dustin said, opening up the book to reveal a monster. 'Is a monster from an unknown dimension. It's so ancient it doesn't even know its true home. Okay? It slaves races of other dimensions by taking over their brains using its highly-developed psionic powers," 

If Katherine didn't live the life she lived, she could assume that Dustin was crazy, and should probably be taken to Child Services or a psych ward, but for some odd reason, she believed him. 

"Oh my God, none of this is real! This is just some stupid kid's game," Hopper snapped. 

"No - No, it's a manual, and it's not for kids," Dustin argued. "Unless you know something we don't, this is the best metaphor -," 

"Analogy," Lucas corrected him. 

"Analogy? That's what you are worried about?" Dustin scoffed. "Fine, an analogy for understanding whatever the hell this is," 

There was a pause of silence and Kat shared a glance with Sam before she spoke up. 

"We believe you," Katherine said, shocking half of the people in the room who were listening. "What? We have encountered weirder things than this. And I remember Bobby mentioning something about eh consciousness that can easily take over and possess human bodies. We always believed they were demons that you could exorcise, but I am assuming this one has evolved over the years. Or, if what you are saying is true, there are scientifically multiple dimensions, and this thing is from one," 

Everyone who surrounded the table stared at Kat like she was a wackjob, even Sam. 

"Just because you are the one who went to university, doesn't mean you know everything Sammy," Kat pointed out. 

"Okay, so this mind flamer thing-" Nancy jumped in. 

"Mind flayer, flayer," Dustin corrects her as she rolls her eyes and sighs. 

"What does it want?" she asked. "And how can we destroy it?" 

"To conquer us basically. It believes that it's the master race," Dustin replied. 

"Like the Germans," Steve added, causing Katherine to raise an eyebrow. 

"Like the Nazis," Katherine, Sam, and Dustin all said at once.  

"Yeah, yeah, the Nazis," Steve said, clearly embarrassed. 

'"If the Nazi's were from a different dimension, then yes, totally," Dustin said. "It views other races, like us, as inferior,"