0.1

Chapter 1

Elena's life in New York was ordinary, except for the fact that there are aliens that walk the earth, the Avengers isn't a comic book series but actually real life, and her local hero, Spider-Man was rampant of her city

Elena's life in New York was ordinary, except for the fact that there are aliens that walk the earth, the Avengers isn't a comic book series but actually real life, and her local hero, Spider-Man was rampant of her city. And all she could do was focus on her school work and run a blog on the boy clad in blue and red. She took an interest in the local vigilante after he stopped a car from hitting a bus, saving everyone's lives.

She made a blog and gave him the title: Spider-Man.

She practically fell in love with the guy, but if anyone asked her, she would just blow it off as a pastime. When in reality, it was a time consumer. She would go out into the night, looking for leads on the Spider-Man. But it wasn't one of those nights, she had gotten a good lead for today: Spider-Man had followed her and the decathlon team all the way down to Washington D.C. Elena was cooped up in her room, still in shock over the events of what happened to her friends in that tiny elevator. She was out, next to Michelle, reading a news article about Tony Stark when she heard the explosion at the top of the building.

Elena stood up and felt her skin tingle and she knew something was wrong.

She looked to her right and was shocked at the sight of Spider-Man.

"Oh my god," she blurted out, any fleeting concept leaving her head. On the outside, her jaw hung and her eyes were wide.

Michelle took charge, warning Spider-Man of her friends in the building. Elena watched as he climbed the building, quickly making it to the top.

The Air Force came in, not understanding who he was, and she hoped that the hero she grew to love would live to see the next day. Her hands were in her hair and she bit her lip.

"I'm sure he's-" Michelle was cut off by him jumping over the helicopter and swooping under, breaking into the building.

An hour later, her friends were out, but Spider-Man was no where to be found.

So she was sat in her room, she laid in the bed, staring at the ceiling, the girl in the next bed snoring, Elena got out of bed, pulling a robe over her pajamas as she walked to the door. She quietly opened the door and walked out, finding the emergency exit door and going through, she climbed up to the roof and walked to the edge of the roof, sitting down and letting her feet dangle.

She pulled her phone out of her robe pocket, her mom calling.

She swiped and held the phone to her ear.

"Hey mom," she said as she looked up at the sky.

"Honey, oh my god I saw the news, you were on it! Are you okay?" She asked and Elena chuckled.

"I'm fine but mom, I saw Spider-Man, in person, he was in touching distance! And I blew it by looking like I was an idiot!" Elena sighed and leaned back.

"I'm sure you'll get another chance, I mean, you guys live in the same area," her mom tried reassuring her.

Elena only nodded as she stared at the sky, letting out a yawn.

"Oh honey, go to sleep, I'll call you in the morning, I love you," her mom said and Elena pulled the phone away as it beeped, signifying that she hung up. Elena sat up and scooted back, standing up and turned back to see Peter Parker, her former best friend standing in the door way of the emergency exit. She only ignored him as she walked past, going downstairs to the lined up rooms.

She snuck back into her room and pulled off the robe, plugging her phone in and climbed into bed.

———

In the next few days, her blog sky rocketed as she got more and more updates onto it. And the divide between Peter and Elena's friendship divided further. Peter never really knew why, but he was certain if he asked, he wouldn't like the answer. But the truth was, he broke her heart, and as he focused more on his after school activities, he focused less on Elena.

So she was left, confused, lonely, and heartbroken. It might have been what had pushed her to start her blog. It was her coping mechanism rather then facing the fact that she was losing her best friend. And as she sat on the roof of her building, eating an apple, she looked out onto the city below her. She watched as people busily pushed through each other and listened to the cars honking and just about every sound you could think of in Queens, New York.

When she finished, she pulled out her phone, she didn't know what to do with herself. She went into her messages, pressing the thread between her and Peter and scrolling to the top, slowly reading all their messages. It brought tears to her eyes and she hand to set her phone down, pulling her knees to her chest and she started sobbing, completely sure that her makeup was ruined.

She didn't care. She missed her best friend, who at this point, didn't want anything to do with her. The cold reality that she was going to have to deal with high school alone scared her. She cried harder, sniffling and wiping her tears every two seconds. The crying soon turned into a panic attack as she thought of the future and she felt helpless. Elena had no idea what she was going to do in the future, hell, her midterms scared the shit out of her.

When she finally calmed down, she stood up, shoving her phone into her pocket. She grabbed her apple core and walked to the fire escape, climbing down to her room. She practically fell into her room and she stood up, dusting off her shirt and walked into her bathroom, gasping at her unsightly face.

"You're a bit of a fixer upper"