Quidditch Practice

The first couple of days seemed to soar by. Harry was in a blissful sleep, until he heard a shuffling noise. He slowly opened his eyes to come across Oliver Wood, looking stressed. "O-Oliver?" Harry croaked, reaching for his glasses. "Good morning, Harry." He said, happily. "Quidditch practice this morning. Hurry up!" Harry slid out of bed, and looked around. It must be early, he thought, then searched for his robes.

Half way down the stairs, Harry heard a familiar voice. "Harry! Wait up!"
It was Hermione.
Harry turned on his heel to see Hermione racing to get to him. "Good morning..." Harry said, when Hermione finally reached him. "I wanted to watch you practice." She said, happily. "Is that ok?" Harry was a little surprised at first, then smiled. "Of course." He grinned.

Once on the field, Hermione headed for the stands. Harry fetched his FireBolt, and mounted it. With a swift push off the Earth, he took off. Once he got up high, Oliver would release the snitch, and Harry would dive. Hermione was amazed when Harry landed, and smiled widely. Looking back, Harry suddenly got an idea.

Waving his hand, he invited Hermione over. Hermione looked around, surprised, and headed over. "Er... Yes?" She asked. Harry felt a little embarrassed, then asked. "Want to try?" Hermione turned a shade of red. "I'll try..." She laughed, nervously.

Harry showed her how to control the broom first, then helped her mount it. "Just push off," he explained. "Then lean forward to come down." Hermione looked more nervous then ever. "I don't want to crash it." She said. Harry grinned. "Just try."

Soon enough, she was soaring through the air. She flew back down after a few minutes, back beside Harry. "Great job!" He said, beaming. Hermione got off, rather dizzy. She fell into Harry's arms, holding her head. "How do you manage to do that?" She said. Harry grinned, still holding a slightly dizzy Hermione. Oliver approached them, a wide smile on his face. "Great flying, both of you!" He turned his gaze to Hermione. "I hope to see the both of you back on the field!" With a wave to Harry, he walked off.

At lunch, Hermione and Harry had a deep talk about Quidditch. Hermione told Harry she really enjoyed flying.
Ron arrived to lunch late, and sat across from Harry and Hermione.
"Where were you two?" Ron asked, tiredly. "Quidditch." Harry answered, sounding rather happy. Ron looked over at Hermione. "You too?" She nodded. "Just thought I'd watch Harry. You should've come." Harry knew Hermione didn't mean that. She enjoyed that moment, just the two of them, as much as Harry did. Ron rolled his eyes, and picked at the pork chops they had for lunch.

After finishing the rest of their classes, they headed back to the common room.
Students were gathered here and there, either studying, or talking about their day. Hermione, yet again, thanked Harry for her Quidditch experience, told them both goodnight, and headed to her dorm. "You sure have been clingy lately." Ron told Harry, when Hermione was out of sight. "What? To Hermione?" Harry asked, slightly embarrassed. "Taking her to Quidditch and all..." Ron gave a small smile.

Harry laughed nervously. "Just being nice, y'know?" There was a silence between them as they headed up the stairs. "Better hope Malfoy didn't see." He said, grinning. Harry looked back at him, and couldn't help but smiling too.