Draco and the Stolen House Cup

Draco opened his eyes, and stretched out his arms. No time to waste, he rushed out of bed to wake up Crabbe and Goyle. Those two would sleep all day if it wasn't for him, he thought. "Wake up, Wake up!" Slowly the two sleepyheads, who over the year had become his friends, woke up.

Today was the end-of-year feast day, and the day that Slytherin would take home the House Cup victory. The thought of sitting in the great hall with the decorations being all green and silver was so exciting. And even more exhilarating was that Gryffindor came last which meant that Harry Potter lost. He clenched his fist while smiling to himself. Yes, Draco thought, maybe that was what he looked forward to the most this day, seeing Harry Potter lose while he won.

This whole year had sort of been a long competition against him. There had been victories and there had been loses. But now finally, he was unquestionable the winner. This was not only important for himself, but he knew it would mean everything to his parents. He could not imagine how disappointed they would be if Slytherin had lost the House Cup for the first time in sixteen years now that Draco was a part of the house.

"Come on you two," he said to his lousy friends "We need to get dressed."

They all put on their robes, water combed their hair and then headed for the common room. Even though it still was early a lot of people were already up and celebrating. The room was filled with food and decorations, and everybody was smiling. Normally they would have breakfast in the great hall, but the day of winning the House Cup was an exception he figured. It was uncommon for Draco to be surprised, he usually knew all the traditions and everything going on at Hogwarts. This was however a pleasant surprise.

Draco sat down in one of the big, dark green arm chairs and told Goyle and Crabbe to get him some breakfast.

More people continued to arrive to the common room and soon it was almost full. Then someone came from the outside, the students all turned, and looked to the stone wall were the concealed door was, from the opening Snape appeared. The previously noisy room now settled. Snape walked towards the tables with all the all the food and drinks. He took hold of a shining silver goblet and slowly raised it to the air. A cheering burst out and everybody expressed their excitement. Even Snape smiled, which was unusual Draco thought.

After the morning celebrations Draco, Crabbe and Goyle went out to get some air and to have some fun. Draco also hoped they would run into Harry, just so he could get a chance to rub his victory in Harry's stupid face.

They left the common room and headed up. In the entrance hall were people going in different directions as usual, but no Harry or his weird friends. Goyle and Crabbe wanted to go down to the lake. Although Draco generally disliked playing games, or whatever it was that Crabbe and Goyle did, he thought he could make an exception today.

On their stroll down towards the lake Draco kept searching for Harry. Was it not just a little bit weird that he was nowhere to be seen? It seemed like almost everyone one else was out on the grounds enjoying their free day and the beautiful weather.

The hours past, and as always Crabbe and Goyle became hungry.

"Can't we go eat now,"' said Goyle.

"Yes, I'm so hungry said," said Crabbe.

Draco, looked at his watch. "It is almost lunch time so okay," he said to his friends delight.

Well in the great hall Draco got the feeling that something was going on. It appeared like everyone whispered about something. He leaned over the table to Marcus Flint, the captain of the slytherin quidditch team..

"What's going on?" he asked curiously.

"We don't really know, but something happened last night that made Dumbledore come back from London immediately, I think it was something that went on up on the third floor," he said looking mysterious.