"A few months" he paused and grinned, letting his arm fall around my shoulders. "That is, if you're not pregnant" he added, grinning and raising his eyebrows quickly; I only smiled and rolled my eyes. "Don't you roll those pretty little eyes at me, sweet cheeks, I'm being serious" he said with a smile. I smiled and hopped up into his lap, my finger trailing up and down the ridges in his chest.

"Oh? And when do you propose we'll--" I attempted to say before being thrown from the Captain's lap as the boat stumbled from a thunderous boom. I fell to the ground and the Captain fell on top of me, surprisingly, he was quite light for a man of his build; he scurried off of me and began asking me numerous times if I was alright. "Yes, yes, captain, I'm fine" I said, sitting up and touching my head, which felt like my brain was throwing itself against my cranium.

"A-Are you sure? Are you completely sure, because, some people go into shock when they're wounded and not even know they're wounded. H-Here, let me check you for wounds" he said, looking over my body, front and back. He sighed in relief when he was finished, however, I could tell his nerves were still on edge.

"Captain, I'm fine" I assured, touching his cheek; he nodded. "What in the hell was that?" I asked as I attempted to stand, the Captain yanked me back down to the ground.

"It's always best to stay low when we're under attack, that, my dear, was cannon fire. It hit our hull, I must go see to the damages and order the crew, you, stay in here and stay as close to the floorboards as you can, okay?" He ordered, I nodded quickly, and, as he turned I threw myself upon him; hugging him tightly. I realized that, this could be the last time that I see him, any of these battles could! One bullet or stick with a sword is all it took, just one.

The Captain chuckled and sighed. "Anna, this isn't my first fight. I know how to deal with these things, and, I've been pushed into worse corners than this. It's alright, calm down, I'll be fine" he assured, taking up his soothing tone and patting my hands. I sniffled and slowly unwravled myself from him, sitting back upon the ground; he stood and leaned down, kissing my forehead and hurrying out before I could stop him again.

~~ My heart raced as I listened to the chaos ensuing outside, cannon fire, men screaming in agony, gun fire, swords clashing, evil laughter, and the Captain barking orders to people. I trembled as I laid beneath the Captain--I mean our-- bed with my gun and sword clutched tight to me, staring out at the room around me, my fingers were ice cold, as were my toes and ears, but, I the scariest part of the battle had yet to come. The scariest part was when I didn't hear the Captain's voice any longer; I think my heart stopped beating for a few moments. I listened for what seemed like hours for his voice again, but never did I hear it; I shook my head, I couldn't take it any longer. I slithered out from beneath the bed and dusted myself off, putting my sword into it's holster and holding my gun tightly within my grasp, I ran out onto the deck to join the madness.

For a while, I stood and watched, too stupefied to do anything else; that is, until a bullet whizzed by my head! I jumped and ducked for cover behind a barrel, cocking my gun and peering over the barrel, shooting at any face I wasn't familiar with. When I was out of bullets I yanked out my sword and stood from my hiding place, only to find a pirate I didn't know, running at me with a sword! I gasped, but, planted my feet firmly onto the deck and readied for his blow, but, all the preparation wouldn't ready me for that! It was like I was hit by a freight train!

He slammed his sword into my own, and, with such force, I was pushed backwards and I landed on my bum! He brought his sword high over his head, and I, I swung my sword at his leg; I clenched my eyes shut and heard a scream, opening my eyes to see I cut his leg (up to his knee) clean off! I sat, stunned, for a moment, staring at the prematurely amputated bit of his leg; I pushed myself up, still dazed, and glanced down at myself, blood was splattered all over my clothes. I stumbled down the stairs, to the main deck and found myself being charged at, at the same time, by several different pirates! I only had to step out of the way and they impaled each other on their swords; it was too late for them to stop or divert their course by the time I stepped out of harm's way.

I fell against the mast and scanned the boat as much as I could, there was no sign of the Captain. I turned my head and instantly, my worries were melted away, the Captain was upon the opposing boat, fighting that captain, which was Blackbeard! My heart fell to my feet, but, my eyes never left the brawling two, I watched as the Captain sliced Blackbeard's arm, I watched as Blackbeard knocked my Captain down the stairs, I watched as their swords clashed and my Captain kicked Blackbeard in the crotch; all I could do was watch, for I had gone into some type of paralysis. I stood, in a sort of gruesome amazement, as my Captain struggled to his feet and sliced at Blackbeard's head, I watched as the fire which burnt on Blackbeard's beard burnt higher and higher up upon his beard; I watched as someone yelled to my Captain and distracted him, then, I saw my Captain's eyes slide over to me, where they locked upon my own. "Captain" I breathed as my Captain's eyes widened and his lips quivered; Blackbeard was grinning behind him.

I shook my head slowly as my Captain's hands lifted from his torso and blood dripped off of them; I screamed. "Erik!" I cried, running forwards; I was kicked and punched, my hair was pulled and my nails broke off upon the hot skin of a pirate, but, I didn't care, I shoved my way through the pirates and jumped onto the 'Queen Anne's Revenge'. My Captain was on his knees, breathing slowly, when I threw myself behind him, before Blackbeard.

"Get outta the way, lass" Blackbeard hissed, I shook my head and stood my ground.

"No! You will not harm him" I growled, spreading my arms out so Blackbeard couldn't get past me.

"Anna...listen to him.." my Captain said softly.

"No" I said firmly; Blackbeard sighed in frustration.

"Fine, then I'll kill you both" Blackbeard growled cocking the hammer to his gun and holding it to my forehead; I had to come up with something, and quick!

"Okay, then" I began, pausing. "But, would you really kill a woman who is with babe? Would you really kill your friend and his child? Would you kill my only way of surviving, Edward? Erik is my...my only way, would you really leave a child fatherless?"

I asked, faking tears as well as this lie; I was surprised I thought it up so quickly! Tears fell down my cheeks and Blackbeard lowered the gun slowly, hesitantly. "Take him and get off of my ship, get back to London as fast as you can; Erik and I will speak later. At our new headquarters in Singapore." Edward said; I stood and thanked him, grasping my Captain's arm and quickly taking him off of the boat.

The fighting stopped between the two boats, it paused when I screamed, but, it really finished at Blackbeard's words. I rushed my Captain to the infirmary where the doctor worked urgently on him, and managed to spare his life, thank god. When the surgeries and everything was over, my Captain laid in his bed, hooked to morphine, and I sat beside him, holding his hand. "Mighty good lie you thought up back there" he said groggily; I smiled.

"It was the only thing I could think of, but, now, Blackbeard thinks I'm pregnant...what if he decides to check up on me in a few months?" I asked hesitantly.

"Well" my Captain said after a short pause. "There's only one thing we can do"

"What?" I asked, squeezing his hand. He grinned devilishly.

"Rip our clothes off and make a baby!" He cried, laughing afterwards, groaning in pain moments later. I smiled.

"Not until you're all healed, though." Said I; he grinned again.

"Oh, no we don't! You only need the bottom half of me, anyways" he said, his eyes half closed; I shook my head and messed up his hair.

"No." I replied, kissing his forehead, he smiled and the door was opened, it was my Captain's first mate! (I still know not his name)

"What is it?" My Captain growled and the first mate sighed.

"Sir, I heard the crew, they're beneath the deck, sir, they're planning mutiny."

"Mutiny?!" My Captain cried, shooting up and crying out in pain immediately afterwards. The first mate stepped closer, squishing his index finger to his lips.

"Shhh! Not so loud, they might hear you! The crew are becoming angry that we're spending all this time going to drop Anna off in London when we could be in Tortuga or stealing or something of that sort." The first mate said; my Captain sighed and rubbed his face, he took his mask off before he went into the battle and had yet to return it to his face which was fine with me, I liked it better when he didn't wear his mask. 

"Captain?" I asked quietly; he grunted and turned to me. "What's a mutiny?"