Not that I had neglected Amanda of course, I would never do that and my performance of her had been one of my best.......in, my not so humble opinion.
She had been my best friend throughout these last few gruelling months so I was not about to abandoned her now, on this our last night.
So with that in mind I threw everything I had into my performance and I think I even surprised Hugo not to mention Marcus on how passionately Amanda had acted tonight.

Maybe Christina had been behind it all, who knows, but now that Amanda and I were going our separate ways, perhaps it was time for a new friend.

"Are you ok?". Jayne suddenly asked, snapping me back into reality.

I was shocked for a moment, before smiling at her.

"Sorry..........I was miles away". I confessed.

"Probably worn out after that Stella performance tonight, aren't you". Esmee said, rubbing at my back affectionately.

I looked down into my glass of wine, thinking for a moment how Amanda had passionately kissed Roger and how stunned Marcus had been when I had finished.

"It was such a powerful portrayal, it actually moved me to tears". Jayne said, "You were outstanding tonight".

"Thank you". I said quietly. "That means a lot".

Jayne then leant her head down closer to me and said in a lowered voice.

"Even her Ladyship could not fail to be impressed tonight, she even said so, although I fear it was most begrudgingly".

I looked up as Jayne nodded her head towards Beth, who was standing a little way off from us, chatting to Hugo, Marcus, Alfie and a few others.
I stared at her for a moment, as she laughed out loudly and constantly flicked her long, dark hair around. She was in her element, being the centre of attention amongst a group of men and normally it would really bother me. Not because of her ability to attract men, no not at all.
It wasn't that.
It was because she thought that it did bother me, and the more I told her that it didn't, the more and more convinced she became that it did!

But tonight, I couldn't have cared less.

I was at my favourite place, The Lord Moon of the Mall, I had presented a wonderful, satisfying piece of work and hopefully Beth Fanshaw would be out of my life forever!

It wasn't that I hated her.
I would have been more than prepared to have been a friend to her. But she made it damn near impossible, with her sarcastic comments and picky attitude towards me.
She had a brilliant way of making me feel so inferior to her that I was almost too scared to speak when she was around.
But now she was moving on, off to pastures new and best of all vacating the flat.

Marcus and I had deliberated hard and long about having another flat mate to replace her and although the extra income would be most appreciative, we somehow considered that three would definitely be a crowd. So, for the time being at least we would see if just the two of us could manage. It would mean that Marcus would have to find himself a job somewhere, and although I had never actually known him go out to work, he insisted that it wouldn't be a problem to him.
In the meantime, however it was apparent that I would now be promoted to the second bedroom when Beth moves out.
That in itself was something to get really excited about!

"I have a feeling she thinks that this is her leaving party and not the end of the play party". Jayne suddenly whispered in my ear with a smile.

I shook my head fervently.

"Don't you dare believe it". I answered. "She'll make sure that she has her very own celebration's and I very much doubt that it will be here". I said, looking around me at the fake oak panelled walls.