Chapter 3 | The Reason and The Plot

May 26th, 2011

"Is anyone up for tonight? I'll treat you guys for all your hard work recently!" Jasper Haywood, the film director of High School Love On cheered.

The whole crew and actors were told to meet up at Subway in half an hour. Ross, who had grown-up into a high school teenager girl, was smiling awkwardly at her senior who was also her opponent in this project.

His name was Oliver Hall, and he was only four years older than Ross. She had always secretly admired him, for he was the most handsome boy she had met in her life and he was the most famous teenager actor. Unfortunately, he had a girlfriend. But that didn't stop him to flirt with Ross during shoots, though.

"Hey." Oliver grinned back at her. "You're coming too, aren't you?"

She couldn't hide the happiness in her eyes as she nodded. Even though Ross had been living in this industry for more than three years now, she was just an innocent and plain girl after all.

"Great! Come with me, then? I'll bring my BMW today."

She nodded again, still smiling.

"Alright, we should go now, before the others ask me for a ride." He took her hand and headed to where his car was parked. Her heart beat so fast at that moment, causing her brain to malfunction.

Ross was almost sixteenㅡshe would be sixteen next monthㅡbut she had never fallen in love before. She had been homeschooled because her mom had decided that it was the best and most balanced way for her to keep studying while still being active in the showbiz world. So she'd never had the experience of falling in love with the basketball captain like normal girls did, but after she had met Oliver, she didn't regret it.

"So, how is school?" he asked.

Ross didn't know much, but she knew that boys didn't like homeschooled girls. "Well, nothing interesting, just a lot of high school stuff, you know."

"Well, like everyone says, high school is the best moment of life, but it doesn't feel that way when you're still living it."

She raised an eyebrow, wondering what he meant by that and then forced an awkward grin. "Yeah, I'm sure it is."

"What about your love life? Is there a guy you like?"

Suddenly, she felt awkward. She thought Oliver knew that she had fallen head over heels for him, because all this time, everyone else was gossiping about them and she never did anything to hide her feelings from him. Well, Ross never dreamt to have her feelings back, though.

"Oh my God, Ross," Oliver teased her. "Don't tell me you don't even have a crush."

"Can we talk about something else?" She ignored his joke. Her face had turned scarlet, and he noticed it.

"Hell, is that true, Ross? What everyone is saying? Do youㅡ" He paused; cleared his throat. "You don't, right?"

Her brain had stopped working and she couldn't think what to say. Instead, she closed her eyes and hoped that she could somehow disappear.

Maybe Oliver could feel it too, because he quickly changed the topic right after that and chatted about films and famous actors until they arrived at Subway.

"Oh, here they are! Our main roles!" Heather Todd, the assistant director called out. "We thought you won't come."

Ross smiled. "Of course not, Heather. We're not going to miss all the fun for nothing!"

"Anyway, I have something I need to tell to everyone," Oliver said in loud voice. He grabbed Ross' arms, giving her a heart attack. "Rossie and I are officially dating from now on."