It Can't Be You

Once I pull away I look at him and smile and so does he. I take out my phone, "Hey, can I get your number?" I ask, "Sure..." he says, "But first let me get yours, ok... Elizabeth, whats your number?" he asks and I give him my number, he then gives me his and once I put it in I click on the name bar and ask, "Whats your name?" He sighs and answers "Emmett" and I freeze. "...Emmett?" I repeat slowly and he nods his head before rambling an explanation but I can't think or do anything. I stand up and walk out the room, I quickly find Gabbie and she immediately sees my upset look and being a true friend sees that I am in no mood to talk about it, she takes me to the car, "I haven't drank so I will drive" she says and I get into the passenger seat and she drives me home.

I go straight to my room when I get home and get my comfiest PJ'S, I go to the bathroom and hop in the shower, I try forget everything that happened and try to wash it away with the the water but it remains like a stain, I can't get it out so eventually I give up and get out the shower. I dry myself and get changed into the PJ'S before brushing my teeth and walking back into my room. My phone bleeps and I pick it up. 

Unknown: I am so sorry, I didn't know you would react that badly. I just wanted you to get to know me first. 

I didn't know whether to respond, my mind was racing. At the party he seemed so sweet but it was Emmett, my bully, my tormenter. Wait...I know exactly why he has changed. 

Elizabeth: It's because of my new looks isn't it...

I clicked send and sat on my bed, almost instantly my phone bleeped again. 

Emmett: What!?

My blood boiled and I typed back. 

Elizabeth: Oh please, the only reason you 'like' me now is because I got a makeover and what I am now somehow 'hot enough' for you. Is that it Emmett? Well you know what no, I made a mistake at the party and if I knew it was you I would not have kissed you

I click send and lay back on my bed, at this point all I want to do is throw my phone at the wall. You know what I don't regret that text at all, that jerk deserved it. I stand up and go to my window. I peek out the curtain and see him, but instantly get confused. Emmett is sat at the bottom of his bed with his phone next to him and his head in his hands. I see him pick up his phone and text before putting it back down again. My phone bleeps from my bed and I walk over to pick it up. He texted me. 

Emmett: That isn't why I kissed you or like you...but for everything, I am sorry but that kiss was probably the one thing that was not a mistake. Goodnight Elizabeth

I look down at my phone in shock and read the words over and over again. This is a joke right? Right now I need a friend to talk to about all of this. I pick up my phone to text Gabbie. I hesitate wondering if I should tell her everything, about her brother bullying me and tonight...but I need a friend. I press the text bar and type

Elizabeth: Hey, can you come sleepover tonight. I need someone to talk to

I click send and wait for a reply, a little less then a minute later I get a text. 

Gabs: Who do I need to kill? Be there in 15

I laugh at the text, I am honestly so grateful for Gabbie. 15 minutes later Gabbie arrives with 2 bags full of things. In one of the bags was her clothes and makeup and all of her things, the other bag was full of things that she labeled as the emergency bag. When she opened it she started pulling things out. 

First thing was a spa kit full of products for manicures, pedicures and face masks. The next things was a stack of of movies, such as Miss Congeniality, The Proposal, The Notebook and Titanic. She then pulled out another stack of movies which she knew were my favourites such as The Maze Runner, Hunger Games and some others. I smile and then she pulls out the next thing which is my favourite part. She pulls out food; sweets, ice-cream, soda's and other foods. 

"Alright, now tell me everything and after that we can pig out, watch movies and have spa treatments equalling the best sleepover" she says with a laugh and a smile. I find myself smiling too. I dive into the story, I tell her about everything. Dylan, Kelsey, Adrian, Caleb and finally Emmett and I tell her everything that has happened and through it all she stays silent and just listens to me ramble on and on. When I am finished I take a deep breath, "Yeah that's everything" I say and she finally speaks. "Damn, people suck" she says and we both laugh. That night she became my best friend, she told me all her stories and drama, we talked for hours and then we did everything we planned; movies, junk food and even the spa. 

We ended up falling asleep around 4. 

We ended up falling asleep around 5am and she ended up staying the entire weekend and can I just say one thing, best weekend ever!

************************************

Hey Guys

I am sorry I have not updated in FOREVER, I was busy and ended up just not having the inspiration for the chapter but today I had a burst of inspiration and I am actually really happy about how the chapter came out, but now I need you feedback. 

How did you enjoy the chapter? Do you think Elizabeth was fair on Emmett? How do you feel about Emmett? How do you feel about Gabbie? 

A lot of questions but personally Gabbie is actually one of my favourite characters I have created and I just love Gabbie and Elizabeth's  friendship because I have a very similar one with my close friend. Hey Kaylee haha  x

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed. 

-Jenna xx