“To get my daughter ready for a party!” I groaned. I was beginning to regret this every passing minute! She pulled out a bag and delicately placed it on the bed. She then ensued to pull down the zipper revealing red fabric.

Ever so gently, taking out the gown I was mesmerized. The dress was beautiful. I was surprised at how much I liked it.

Her hand touched it gently, she touched the gems, “these are real diamonds you know. This dress has been passed throughout our whole line. Your grandma gave it to me so I can give it to you.”

I looked at the gown up and down, taking it all in. It was a deep red, a halter dress, with a black shawl. It was covered with diamonds, not completely of course. Silk was nicely embroidered on. The bottom of the dress was puffy and ruffled. Of course, the gown would have gloves accompanying. They were red as well, silk. They one diamond on each of the hands.

“I was thinking you can wear wither red or white heels, which I have.” Mom pulled out two pair of heels, after looking at each of them carefully, I chose the red ones, might as well be all red, right?

“And your hair, oh I was thinking I could do curls all around, but not those small tight curls. I would rather have you with lose curls. It would frame your face perfectly. Oh!”

She ran towards the closet again. I was to stun to talk now. I just rather her take over everything, a few minutes later, she came out with a small box.

“Of course it wouldn’t be a ball without a tiara.”

She pulled out a small tiara, simple but cute. “Can I get started with your hair? Because it will take forever!” I side glanced at the clock by their table, it read: twelve thirty.

This was going to take forever!

~~

I never in my life thought doing your hair would take so long. I never thought getting ready would take so long as a matter of fact!

Before mom had anything to do with my hair, she made me put on the dress. She said so that way I wouldn’t mess up my hair, which maybe was a good point. However, the struggle to squeeze into the dress took a while.

It was a nice dress, beautiful in fact, but it was hard to put my body into it.

It took us over thirty minutes to get me inside the dress, then after constantly complaining on how I couldn’t breathe, mom figured she had to loosen the corset.

Then she proceeded to do my hair after four hours. I had so much hair, but I knew she messed up on a few strands. Once done with my hair it took her two more hours to do my makeup, finishing just in time. The doorbell rang as soon as she placed the brush down.

“Done and just in time.”

I tried my best not to snap. I was in no mood at this moment, no mood at all. But I knew she was excited and put her all into getting me prepared.

“Let’s get this done and over,” I mumbled.

We made our way down the stairs, only to see Chad, Rachael, Katie and Dad, who was holding a sleeping Max, by the door.

“Well don’t you look stunning,” Dad cooed.

“Thank you but let’s go already, they better have food there because I have not eaten all day!” I marched myself out the house before saying I’ll be pack in no time.

We spent a good twenty minutes trying to put me inside the car, “God Catalina, you had to go all out didn’t you!” Rachael said in her playful voice.