The Descendant Materialization (G)

Summary: In a universe where you, the Reader, are National City's very own Supergirl (and dating the ever-dashing Flash), a surprise arises when one of your descendants accidentally travels back in time to your present day...

~

Pow! Boom! Shazzam!

Ok, you really had to stop making sound effects in your head when tripping up and disarming criminals. But what you find especially amusing was how confident these bank robbers had seemed in the beginning. Even when you dropped down in front of them with your suit's family emblem staring back at them, they simply laughed. As if being Supergirl didn't mean anything to them.

Well, maybe if the citizens of National City didn't give you such a girly superhero name they wouldn't find you so funny.

Bam! Pew! Who's laughing now, boys?

The man with the duffle bag full of cash grabs a civilian woman and points his gun at her.

"Careful, girl scout! Or the broad gets it!" You put your hands up as if to say, whoa now.

"Okay, okay. Relax, be cool," you try to calm him down. "Just hand over the lady."

"And you'll let me run?"

"Sure."

"Really?"

"Why not?"

"It's just, that's not really your thing."

"Are we gonna talk about it all day or do you want to get a head start? Because you'll need it." Before the robber can think too much about it, he shoves the lady into you and makes a dash down the street. You know he won't get very far.

Three... Two... One. A blur of red leaving yellow lighting trails darts by you, causing your hair to blow wildly. A smile curls on your lips. Taking a big leap, you land in front of the robber and his red-masked subduer.

"Well, Flash, fancy seeing you here," you say in a voice coated with hints of an inside joke.

"Supergirl. What a pleasant surprise," he replies. You look at the defeated crook.

"Told ya you'd need that head start."

~

After the righteous takedown, you return home to your apartment in Midtown National City (in regular citizen clothes once again). Waiting in the elevator, you push your glasses up the bridge of your nose into place. When the elevator reaches your floor, you look down the hallway to see a male body leaning against your door checking his phone. You walk up to him and wrap your arms around him.

"Hi, Bare." You kiss his cheek. He slides his phone into his back pocket and wraps you in his arms.

"Hey," he grins. "You were great earlier."

"Me? You're the one who whizzed by and snatched the guy up!"

"But you giving him false hope of getting away? Priceless!" You both laugh as you open the door to your loft apartment. Even though Barry has his own place on the other side of town, he still practically lives with you. Throwing yourself down on the couch, Barry follows suite and snuggles up next to you.

"I feel like I could eat the entirety of supplies from all the Big Belly Burgers in the city," you say dramatically. Barry kisses the back of your head.

"I'll go pick us up some grub," he offers. "The usual?" You nod. "Be back in a flash!" Before you scoff at the bad pun, he has already returned with take-out bags.