Troubled Waters (G)

Summary: After the Particle Accelerator exploded, many unsuspecting people began to show various and odd abilities. Following a vicious attack while night-surfing on that fateful day, you, the Reader, became one of those people. The brilliant minds at S.T.A.R. Labs (and the gorgeous Barry Allen), are willing to help you find your way and shield you from an intimidating organization.

~

'Come to S.T.A.R. Labs,' they said. 'It'll be fun,' they said.

You hadn't known what to expect when Doctor Harrison Wells contacted you out of the blue one day regarding your incident almost ten months ago. But since there were these strange people stalking you around every corner, you were relieved to have somewhere to hide out. Although, being here in the labs, with three pairs of scientific eyes on you, you feel like an odd specimen. And though the members of S.T.A.R. Labs seemed to have gotten the gist of your current situation, they were still very intrigued to know the full details of your story. To know about your very special ability...

"So let me get this straight," Cisco Ramon, mechanical engineer, starts. You can sense the judgement in his voice. "You were surfing at night when the Particle Accelerator exploded? In December?" Just then, a breathtaking guy strides into the room. He's tall, has perfect hair, and a face like an artist had sculpted it.

"Who's night surfing in December?" he asks. "That sounds fun." He actually sounds genuine about it. People usually think you're crazy for doing it. You almost forget to talk because he's so distracting to look at.

"That would be me. And, yes, Mr. Ramon" you say, crossing your arms defensively. "Believe it or not, December is a really good time to surf. The weather gets stormy and stirs up some nice waves. And I do it at night because it's peaceful and you get to see the city all lit up."

"Okay, I guess that makes sense. And please, call me Cisco. Mr. Ramon is my father. And I only let Doctor Wells call me that because he's already set in his ways." You make a mental note. But back to the handsome fellow... Wells sees you're distracted with Barry and makes the introductions.

"Barry Allen, meet (Y/N). Our new case study and friend." Barry's face lights up in recognition.

"I've heard that name before," he says, shaking your hand. Then it hits him. "You're Shark Girl! Sorry, I mean, that was the name the paper gave you." He scratches the back of his neck, looking suddenly very embarrassed. Ah yes, the paper. When CCPN interviewed you about the attack, you didn't know they would give you a horrible nickname that would, unfortunately, catch on.

"The paper didn't cite everything I told them. Let me tell you the full story."

You launch into the tale of your fateful incident, explaining that with this past winter being warmer than previous years, it was a perfect night to surf. You grabbed your wetsuit, board, and left to catch some late-evening waves thanks to the wind. You loved the quietness of the waterfront when no one was there. That, and the way the lampposts along the walkway and the lights of the city illuminated the waters.

At one point, though, things took a turn.

First, it started to rain. Which was strange, because the weather hadn't called for it.

Something brushed your feet underneath the water. That's too big to be a fish... you had thought. It brushed against you again. You saw a fin pop out of the water and before you had time to panic about the creature, an enormous, bright beam of light exploded from the other side of town. You sat in the water, momentarily transfixed at the sight. The light seemed to create a ripple effect, knocking out all sources of power, leaving the entire city dark.

Barry Allen x Reader One Shots (The Flash)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें