⟅Chapter 18⟆ Aftermath

DECEMBER 1991
NATALIE DAVIS

"The famous girl group Unknown has broken up–....Unfortunately the girl group Unknown.....Insiders say that they broken up due to an argument which resulted into a fistfight Between one of the girls–"

I clicked off the t.v not wanting to hear about this situation anymore. Somehow it got out to some people and now the whole world knows. This has been going on for two whole months and honestly I'm over it and they should be too. After a week and a half from the incident, Princess had moved out. Sometimes I regret kicking her out but it's for the best. I need a fresh start from all of them. Andre even let me get my own studio, at first I thought he was going to deny but he quickly approved it. I have been working on my first solo album already. And it's almost done. The first song  is going to be the song I had De featured on along with myself. It's a mellow type song but it kind of puts you in the mood. It's a 10 track album and I'm tweaking it before I release it.

Christmas is around the corner and I'm ready to see my family. I skipped thanksgiving because I wasn't ready to see them, especially Kiana. If I would've went, I would be behind bars right now. I haven't heard from my father in a long time, which is good because I don't want any negative energy around me. A few months ago, De brought me something very special and it means the world to me. He's such a sweet, kind soul and any girl is lucky to have him. Me....im not so lucky. I've gotten back with Elgin and he's been acting iffy. He's been coming home like early in the morning, coming home smelling like...vanilla and cheap incenses. A familiar smell that I can't really describe why it's so familiar. We haven't even made love in a long time and that says something. I don't think we're in love anymore, and I don't know why I got back with him, im just holding onto something that's no longer there. I even stopped smoking blunts for a while because I don't have those aggravating hoes around me anymore, and I thank god for that! I guess that's enough about me for the time being....

Sighing out of relief I grabbed a slice of pizza out of the box and began to channel surf. Stopping on a The Fresh Prince, I turned up my volume a little and kicked my feet up. As I munched  on my buffalo chicken pizza the doorbell rang. I scrunched up my face in confusion wondering who could be at my door at 9 pm. I lowered the volume and got up to walk over to the front door. Looking out the window, I saw a black limo parked out parked out front. 'Who has a black limo? And who is at my door?' I asked myself. I unlatched the door and opened it to see Elgin there in a suit. I sighed out of relief and let him in. Once he got in I re-latched the door and came by his side. I awkwardly stood there crust in my hand and stared at the man I used to be in love with. He took off his suit jacket and placed it on the coat rack before picking me up and wrapping my legs around him. I looked at him like I was disgusted, who the hell told him to pick me up? "Nigga put me down" I said to him as I ate the little bit of crust and tried pushing him away, but failed because he had a tight grip on me. I gave up and gave him a stank' face. His eye lids were lowered and he licked his lips. Oh please, he came all the way over here for a fix. Nigga please, I'm not about to fall for that. "G, we not doing this tonight. You can sleep in one of the guest rooms cause you ain't running up in me tonight" I said with a little more sass than expected. He gripped my rounded backside and rubbed it slowly. Dammit he knows that turns me on. I bit my lip struggling in to hold moan. He smirked knowing he won this battle. Oh I'm so going to regret this in the morning.

Next Day
DEVANTE SWING

"Can I get two large pizzas and a side of buffalo wings" I said to the cashier who placed my order. Tonya got me ordering all this damn food like she's still pregnant. Yeah she had the baby, it was a boy and it looks nothing like me. That baby looks like a grown ass man. Plus the baby has curly hair, my hair nappy as hell and it doesn't even curl. I'm starting to doubt that the baby is mine. I can't just tell her right off the back that he's not mine because I did cum inside her so the kid is mine. But it's like he doesn't even look like me and the father controls what the baby looks like. I had no control over him! Besides the baby, I haven't seen Natalie in a while and just thinking about her makes my heart beat harder than before, I know it sounds corny but I really feel like we're made to be together. We have a lot of things in common, like our taste in music and us being talented in music. Speaking of music, Jodeci has released our first album titled; Forever My Lady. Now the single, Forever My Lady, which became a hit single after the albums release, was for Natalie.

She may not be carrying my baby but she will be forever my lady. It's been a whole month and we've been the talk for the last month of 1991. I'm proud of our success, that ladies are flocking to us like a bunch of birds who just found a piece of bread on the sidewalk. I looked at my watch and walked over to the counter to pick up my order. "Here you go sir and have a nice day!" The cashier said and I grabbed the boxes saying thank you and jetting. Walking in the car and getting inside, I took a slice of pizza out of the box before starting the engine, I caught a glimpse of a fat ass. "Damn..." I mumbled to myself as the pizza began to slip, catching it up before it can drop. Putting it back in the box I sucked the grease off of my fingers before backing out of my parking space and down the road....

"Man im telling you. That baby ain't mine. Lil nigga don't even look like me" I told Joel who was listening to me talk about my 'son'. "Bro, didn't you Nut in her? So it gots to be yours" He said and I rolled my eyes. "Joel, I know this already, but Tonya looks like the type to get around..." I said mumbling the last part. Joel busted out in a fit of laughter which caused me to pull the phone away from my ear. Once his laughter dialed down, I heard him shuffle a little bit and he cleared his throat. "Man it wasn't even that funny" I said and he snickered. "It is man, you got a ho pregnant. Which means you've fucked the whole city" He finished off and I scrunched up my face at the possibility of her fucking almost every dude she has met and female which includes, Natalie. "Man shut up" I said and he chuckled. "I'm just messing with you. But if it's not your son what are you going to do?" He asked. I scratched my head, what am I going to do? " I don't know man, I'll just have to wait until the truth comes out" I said. I might curse her out because if he's not mine, that means she lied to me, which means I wasted my time and stayed with her. We weren't in a relationship but it felt like we were due to her controlling nature. Everywhere I got she wanted to know who I was with and why, like damn you ain't my momma. Relax. "Well when you find out let me know, later man" Joel said sighing. "Later" I said hanging up the phone and laying back onto the leather couch cushions. The truth may reveal itself...